Community Forum

Remote Code for APEX TV - XR2 Remote

New Poster

Remote Code for APEX TV - XR2 Remote

Hello,
I have tried following the online directions for trying to program my remote to my tv but the ONE code (10765) you have for the APEX brand television ISNT working. Even the technician when we got it installed couldn't get it to work. It's a big hassle Everytime you need to turn on/off the tv or volume up/down you have to get up and do it by hand. Is there another code unlisted? Or is there a universal remote type way to do this? Has anyone else had this issue with the remote never being able to be programmed with your tv?

Thanks!
Mike
Problem Solver

Re: Remote Code for APEX TV - XR2 Remote

10879, 10748, 10767, 11991, 10890, 10889, 11531, 10156

I guess you can't sleep either!

New Poster

I have searched forums since we bought our Apex last thanksgiving with no luck for this code. All listed in the printed manual did not work. 11531 did however. Thanks for the help
New Poster

yes....  thank you!!!!  it's been a year and I wasn't able to get to find a code for this TV.  FINALLY!!!!!  11531

New Poster

Help. I am having the same problem with an Apex tv we got for Christmas. None of the codes worked even the one that other people suggested. I have been on the phone with comcast with no luck. They even wanted to send me a new remote and that didn't work. Any other suggestions or "finds"? I am extremely frustrated with Comcast!
Silver Problem Solver

https://x1.comcast.net/webportal/assets/pdfs/RemotePairingGuide4.26.11.pdf

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Official Employee

Use the my account app on the dvr

Go to TV help and support, hit ok and scroll to "Setup your remote control" hit ok and follow the prompts, you'll find up to date remote codes there.
New Poster

We tried this with the help of a comcast person on the phone and after more that 40 minutes on the phone, nothing worked. She suggested a new remote, and after that arrived it also would not work. All the remotes will do is change the channel. We still have to go back and forth with the tv remote to change volume and tuen on or off. Any other suggestions?
New Poster

We do not have a dvr. Just an apex digital tv LD220RM that we got at Christmas that we are trying to pair with the xfinity XR2 remote. Thank you.
Silver Problem Solver

Rblessman2 wrote:
We do not have a dvr. Just an apex digital tv LD220RM that we got at Christmas that we are trying to pair with the xfinity XR2 remote. Thank you.

https://x1.comcast.net/webportal/assets/pdfs/RemotePairingGuide4.26.11.pdf

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

No, we do not have RNG150, not sure what that is?
Silver Problem Solver

Rblessman2 wrote:
No, we do not have RNG150, not sure what that is?

RNG150's are X1 boxes.  You are in the X1 forum.  What Comcast STB do you have?

New Poster

I am sorry, we have an apex digital tv and we are trying to get the comcast cable box remote to pair with our tv. No game systems or dvrs, just a basic tv and cable box with remote. I had responded to another apex tv owner with the same problem and must have accidentaly gotten on to the wrong forum?
Silver Problem Solver

Rblessman2 wrote:
I am sorry, we have an apex digital tv and we are trying to get the comcast cable box remote to pair with our tv. No game systems or dvrs, just a basic tv and cable box with remote. I had responded to another apex tv owner with the same problem and must have accidentaly gotten on to the wrong forum?

What is the cable box you have?  

This is the Comcast X1 cable box forum.  What is the remote model?

New Poster

11531 worked for my Apex tv with the XR2 remote with the Xfinity X1 system. 

New Poster

Yes, 11531 does work just programmed it. Thanks 😀

New Poster

Worked for me too!! Thanks for the info
New Poster

11531 worked for my Apex tv however it only controls volume...not tv input

Silver Problem Solver

Did you try the code search?

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/XR5-and-XR11-quot-Voice-Remote-quot-Code-Lists/m-p/2550616#M73148

New Poster

this code worked perfectly THANK YOU!!!!

New Poster

Thank you!   Thank you!   Thank you!  I've been on Comcast Chat for at least 3 hours and had had a technician come over today.   This code is the miracle worker!

New Poster

Does anyone know how to use this code. I can't seem to get to a place to punch in 11531. Please! Andrea
Silver Problem Solver

Andi7 wrote:
Does anyone know how to use this code. I can't seem to get to a place to punch in 11531. Please! Andrea

Does this help?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYiqLyPOnFQ