Community Forum

Refresh cable box and tech visit info needed

Frequent Visitor

Refresh cable box and tech visit info needed

Unable to have a signal sent as box seems to be offline.

That is not the big problem but the location of the box.

My mom who has alzheimer's has the box in her room.

She is bed ridden and terrified of strangers, so I know she will not let a tech inot the room.

Other than handing the box and cable cords out the window to him, I know of no way to resolve this i other than to return all boxes and lose tv.

Any thought on what to do now?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Refresh cable box and tech visit info needed

Sorry for your situation but the tech is going to need to get into that room. Comcast Andrew may correct me but I am fairly sure the tech needs to get into that room to verify everything is working in that particular location.

X1 does offer a wireless box which may help you but a tech still needs to verify that install as well.

@rjcdmh wrote:

Unable to have a signal sent as box seems to be offline.

That is not the big problem but the location of the box.

My mom who has alzheimer's has the box in her room.

She is bed ridden and terrified of strangers, so I know she will not let a tech inot the room.

Other than handing the box and cable cords out the window to him, I know of no way to resolve this i other than to return all boxes and lose tv.

Any thought on what to do now?

Diamond Problem Solver

If this is a secondary box, can you put the main box in her room and see if it works.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

This is the main box. The other box is much smaller.
Frequent Visitor

I moved the boxes and power cords and still no service.
Diamond Problem Solver

What’s the onscreen code? A tech is going to need access for any troubleshooting or repairs. You could try swapping equipment on your own.

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Just changed box and still not working.
How do I set up for a tech visit?
Diamond Problem Solver

I’ve escalated this up to a colleague, theyll reply here to get your account information and get you scheduled.

Was there any onscreen messages or codes?

Frequent Visitor

I think it was RDK 03004.
It said tighten cables which I have done. I also replaced the HDMI cord with a new one.
I got a tech visit set for tomorrow.
Thanks so much for your help.
Diamond Problem Solver

No worries, explain to your tech your mom’s situation and I’m sure they’ll work with you to get you going.

Official Employee

rjcdmh, thanks for reaching out. Let's get a tech out there to work on the box (and possibly the issue with the outlet?). Please send me a private message with your full name for help. 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

rjcdmh, glad you were able to resolve this before the tech arrived. Let me know if you need further assistance. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!