Community Forum

Recurring warning

New Poster

Recurring warning

I keep getting a warning. Lasts 3-5 seconds. Looks like the notification you get for a phone call. I have a screenshot but don’t see a way to post it.

Says: “Unknown device is disconnected”. Has what looks like a USB thumb drive as an icon.

Called support and got no help. Posted to Twitter and got no answer at all. When this happened, I have also had some intermittent internet connectivity issues.

Any ideas??

Ken
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Recurring warning

At first glance that doesn't sound like an error message generated by an X1 box. It sounds like the TV itself is generating that message.

In regards to internet connectivity, you could always contact Comcast and have them send a tech out. If your connectivity problem has not effected your cable TV service already it probably will at some point.

@Kensjohn wrote:
I keep getting a warning. Lasts 3-5 seconds. Looks like the notification you get for a phone call. I have a screenshot but don’t see a way to post it.

Says: “Unknown device is disconnected”. Has what looks like a USB thumb drive as an icon.

Called support and got no help. Posted to Twitter and got no answer at all. When this happened, I have also had some intermittent internet connectivity issues.

Any ideas??

Ken

Diamond Problem Solver

As Rick stated, it sounds like the tv needs an update. There are no messages like that for an X1 box

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

Thanks so much ... I think you may be correct.  I never considered that as an option because (1) it looked exactly like the X1's notification for a phone call and the others that pop up from time to time on the top right of the screen, and (2) since I use an Apple TV for "connected" stuff, I have never even activated/use any of the TV's "smart" features!!

I look elsewhere ... thanks!!

Ken