Community Forum

Recordings Missing on X1 Cloud DVR and More

Frequent Visitor

Recordings Missing on X1 Cloud DVR and More

I have several of my older recordings missing from the X1 Cloud DVR as well as it has that I've used way more space than I've actually used.  Everything is fine when I go through the TV and access my recordings but not on the Cloud. How do I find where my recordings are stored?

I am concerned because a tech is coming out next week because we've had a lot of technical issues. If the boxes have to be replaced, I want to make sure all my recordings have been saved online.

Will I lose my recordings if they change the X1 box?

Expert

Re: Recordings Missing on X1 Cloud DVR and More

I have moved your post to the X1 board

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

@StacyR1 wrote:

I have several of my older recordings missing from the X1 Cloud DVR as well as it has that I've used way more space than I've actually used.  Everything is fine when I go through the TV and access my recordings but not on the Cloud. How do I find where my recordings are stored?

I am concerned because a tech is coming out next week because we've had a lot of technical issues. If the boxes have to be replaced, I want to make sure all my recordings have been saved online.

Will I lose my recordings if they change the X1 box?

X1 only saves the last 60 hours to the cloud.

Here's some info:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs

Frequent Visitor

Sorry but that's incorrect. I have programs in the Cloud from May. So it definitely keeps recordings more than 60 hours. I am missing earlier ones though. Is there an expert who can answer because this is making no sense. Also, if the cloud doesn't keep all recordings then what good is it? 

Do people just lose their recordings if they switch equipment or if it's not in the cloud? If so that's HORRIBLE. There's needs to be a way for customers to access all their recordings. People don't record things just to have them go missing. 

I'd like a Comcast expert who knows about this specifically to please comment if possible. 

Frequent Visitor

I read the link and it says older recordings get replaced UNLESS you mark your recordings, "Keep 1 year". Mine are marked to keep a year so they should be on the cloud. 

Expert

@RadTV meant 60 hours worth of content is on the cloud DVR as the limit but the DVR can store 150 hours on it locally unless you hit save for a year. I’m not sure if the new DVR would download the ones stores on the cloud. But I do believe if it’s not on the cloud it might be gone with a new DVR

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks! I think I just read on the Xfinity site that as long as you have X1 and replace an old X1 DVR with a new one then you keep your recordings as long as it's the same type of box. But, if you switch from say an X1 DVR to one that's not X1 you will lose recordings.

Thanks again. The safest bet is to backup the recordings on an external device anyway. I'll get on that.