Community Forum

Recording on DVR are skipping

New Poster

DVR Playback issues

I have been having issues with the playback skipping, freezing, etc.  I called in and there was a recording stating that they were aware of the issue and were working on it.  It has been going on for quite a while now.  When are they expecting to fix???

Contributor

Re: DVR skipping and freezing

I noticed a volume change too and thought it was due to a new DVR box. The choppiness is maddening, but if I watch on Roku Xfinity Stream it seems okay. Oh, and when trying to do a system refresh I get a "Video outage in your area" message and cannit do it.
New Poster

Re: DVR recordings in the cloud Skipping stop/starting

Thanks for taking the time and letting us know. At least with the forum we can get some answers.
New Poster

Re: DVR playback is choppy

All my dvr programs have a stop and go throughout the whole program or it says can’t access dvr program at this time. For over 200 a month this is unacceptable. Looking into other cable provider at this time as if this has been going on since last week. UNACCEPTABLE 

New Poster

Me too! I’m going to try Hulu no commercial for $40. Their price goes up in a month. If their cloud is better, I’m all in! I’ve tried to find out just internet and no tv-no info on line. Monarchy.
New Poster

Why should we be forced to settle for less quality when we pay a fortune? Especially when they chose to not notify all of us that this was going to happen. 

Frequent Visitor

I just chatted with Xfinity and the rep said it was both a DVR and cloud issue.  Not sure if that's correct, but that's what I was told.  Don't know, since I have no idea how to tell if my recordings are stored in the cloud or on my DVR.

Frequent Visitor

How can I tell if my recordings are on the cloud?

Contributor

I don't understand why a program starts off playing as a DVR recording, then changes to a cloud recording? Is just address info stored on the hdd and it accesses the cloud recordings and things go wonky? I can't find any of my recordings that are playing from a local drive. Is every recording recorded to cloud DVR?
New Poster

Cable box skipping

I'm trying to watch stuff that I have e on my dvr an it keeps skipping an stopping at some points an cant even watch the shows. I've read some comments that others had issues with this so I rebooted the box an it's still doing it what else should I do?!?!?
Frequent Visitor

Same problem here in Atlanta.  I called Comcast and was routed to a recording of a man stating they are aware of the DVR recordings issue and are working on it.  Based on all the locations on here where people are having the same problem, it's obviously a nationwide problem and not isolated to one neighborhood or home.  I was the put into contact with Jennaiya (or something like that) via text. She said they'd need to send a tech to my house and that I could possibly be charged $70 depending on the technician's findings!  WTH!  Why would I pay $70 for a nationwide problem?  No, ma'am!  I'll cancel my Xfinity service first.  The Fire TV Recast DVR/HD Antenna package for less than $300 is looking real good right about now!  It sure would beat paying $2,400 a year for bad service from Xfinity.

Frequent Visitor

Re: DVR Recordings Keep Skipping

Apparently, it's a nationwide issue.  I called 800-COMCAST and got a recording of a man stating they are aware of the issue an are working to resolve the issue.

New Poster

Re: Recording on DVR are skipping

I've been having the same problem since yesterday 1/23/19.  Would love to hear from someone who knows what is causing this!

New Poster

Re: DVR Skipping randomly

DVR was stopping, skipping, reversing, and just downright Behaving Badly. When I tried to do the system refresh, I got the same message about power outages in the area. I checked the signal to my box and it was good. I just kept trying over and over to do a system refresh and eventually it went through. Unfortunately, the system refresh did not fix the problem. A few minutes later, I pressed the A button again and did a restart. Now the DVR seems to be working properly. Maybe the combination of the refresh / restart does the trick. I hope so!

New Poster

I have an older DVR that I got before they started the "Cloud" recording.  It has happened on every program I've recorded since noon yesterday on a variety of channels.  My email has been messed up to.  I am constantly waiting for my messages to load.  They used to load instantly.  

New Poster

Re: DVR Playback issues

Same issue here. Noticed that it's on everything that recorded on 1/23/19 & it's redurecting us now to another way to watch it...whuch means commercials. I'm going to be seeking some kind of refund as soon as the call wait times get shorter.
New Poster

I called them last night and the guy told me that the tech coming today for another issue would be able to fix my DVR issue. Today, I saw here that this is a nationwide issue. The tech came and explained that it wasn't my box. I just spoke to a rep on the chat and he said issue would be resolved "shortly". I called him out on what that meant and he told me a couple of hours.

Only after I continued to complain about paying over 300 dollars for service I cant use did he offer some refund. Oh Comcast- i am soooo over you

Regular Visitor

I am in the Atlanta area too, called Comcast, and got the same message that they are working to resolve the issue in my area.  I have been reading these posts all day and posted earlier....very frustrated....having problems since 1/22/ 19 with recording on that day and since.  If I had been pulling my hair out, I would have none left.  At least I know it is not me and I have company.  If someone finds out if it has been resolved, please post. 

Also another issue....will we be able to recover and watch the missed programs where recordings have malfunctioned since the above date, or will we have to watch On Demand and all the commercials with it.  I am at my witts end. 

New Poster

Re: DVR Playback issues

Same here.  We're paying a ridiculous amount of money for a DVR that redirects to option B with commercials.  Let everyone know how you make out with the refund, I was thinking the same.

Regular Visitor

X1 DVR not working properly

Starting Yesterday 1/23/19 my DVR has stopped working properly.  It takes 1 to 2 minutes to start a recorded show and then every few seconds to every minute it freezes up for a few seconds and it does this continuesly. Sometimes it kicks me off the program all together and claims the show can not be found. 

I talked to a live person online and they could not solve the issue and said i would get a call from a technition but i have not gotten any calls so i am wondering if anything can be done to fix this issue. I dvr a lot of shows and it not working properly is quite annoying as i now can not watch those shows.

please help

Contributor

You can do the 30 second skip through commercials. Not great but it helps.
Contributor

It’s a nationwide issue. I had same issue. I’m in Maryland. Within last hour mine seems to be working now. It’s happening within the DVR cloud ☁️ service.
Contributor

I’m having the same issue in Maryland. It’s a nationwide issue with the DVR cloud ☁️ service. Within the last 2 hours I’ve watched 2 shows and it’s been ok.
Contributor

I’ve watched 2 episodes that recorded today and it’s working for me at the moment. The first one that started working for me originally it wasn’t working. I had paused it and it timed out. Went back to it 19 minutes later after my phone call and it was working. Gonna try another to see if I have issues.
Contributor

Just tried to watch Criminal Minds that recorded last night and it took me directly to the OnDemand Version. Grrrrrrr.
Regular Contributor

It seems to be fine now in Chicago.  However, everything that I recorded yesterday no longer plays (even off the cloud).  It now forces me to On-Demand for everything that I recorded which means watching commercials with it.

New Poster

Re: DVR playback is choppy

Same issue here in Michigan! Looks like it is country wide but Comcast really needs to get this fixed ASAP!  If this continues we’ll look at switching after all what is the point of having and paying for a dvr if recordings don’t work!

Contributor

Same for me in Maryland. Grrrrrr
New Poster

I've done the same, afraid to call tech support. Last time I called them I was on the phone for 45 minutes with a tech that could not figure out the problem, so she was going to escalate it to a higher technical person and they would get back to me ASAP but I never received that phone call, so I had to figure it out on my own. It's so nice to know we pay almost $250 a month for cable and internet and half the time it doesn't work.
New Poster

I’m in Western Massachusetts & I agree there should be a refund for lost content. Why have HD and not be able to use it?  The DVR allows you to skip commercials but they don’t let you skip when playing on demand and you have to wait at least a day to get the “privilege”

Official Employee

Hello All, 

We are currently experiencing a temporary issue with viewing some DVR recordings on X1 in your area. We are aware of this issue and are working as quickly as possible to resolve it. No DVR recordings will be lost due to this issue. Please try again tomorrow. Thank you for your patience, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I’m not happy with the stopping starting when playing back DVR recordings from the cloud. The bandwith is so bad that’s why it’s choppy, it’s getting lag when trying to buffer the next segment(assuming they are buffering). I will cancel my service if this continues.

Contributor

See previous posts. Not a bandwidth issue. It’s a nationwide issue.
New Poster

Chiming in to agree. Lately my DVR recordings show the cloud symbol, despite no power outages or anything that should require a cloud recording. The problem with the cloud recordings is the sound cuts out often, scenes skip, it's glitchy when fast forwarding or rewinding--it's pretty much unwatchable. Also, sometimes I turn the little X1 box on and the screen is completely green and I'm forced to disconnect the power and wait 2 minutes while X1 restarts. So "emergency" / time sensitive TV viewings are out the window as well. The first year or so, I was very happy with x1, but these issues of late are completely unacceptable. Do I need a new box or something????

Highlighted
Contributor

I find it interesting that not one Comcast employee could take the time to post in this forum to let people know what is going on and that it’s a national issue. Wouldn’t you all have accepted that answer and not flooded the forum with comments? Just a few minutes of time would have made a huge difference. 

Another thing, why should I have to call Comcast and spend 30-60 minutes on the phone trying to get a $5 credit? My time is worth more than $5 an hour. They know the issues were all over the country. Do the right thing and for heaven’s sake, do your job. No need to get customers whipped into a frenzy for something that could have been answered here. 

Contributor

It’s a nationwide issue. See post from Comcast.
Contributor

Thanks. Comcast post where?
Contributor

A Comcast rep did make a post about 10 minutes ago.

As for credit you can use the chat feature to request credit and it’s much faster than calling.
Contributor

It was posted at 7:30pm
Contributor

Haven't found that post yet but you can also submit a ticket for refund by tweet to @ComcastCares
Contributor

But I can’t find it now. Did they delete it?
It said working on issue and that dvr recordings affect won’t be lost to try them again tomorrow.
New Poster

Re: Starting yesterday, all of my new DVR recordings are playing back from the cloud

This may or may not be helpful or useful, but I was so furious/irritated with the playback of the X1, that I switched to my Roku 3, and watched a recording through the xfinity beta app. Even though the recordings are also cloud based on the roku, playback did not skip or stutter the way it does on the X1 box. Picture quality, however, was awful for the first 5 minutes or so.  But once it got going and had time to buffer, the picture became almost 1080 quality. My internet speed is 250Mbps, btw.

Contributor

So why when I start to play a recorded program on my DVR, the same one that recirded it, it jumps to cloud recording (little cloud next to "DVR") after 15 seconds? I don't understand..
Contributor

Re: Starting yesterday, all of my new DVR recordings are playing back from the cloud

Exactly what I'm experiencing. Since yesterday, maybe the day before.
New Poster

When is this going to be fixed uggh in NJ
Contributor

That’s how the cloud services work. When you select the program from DVR list is says dvr then as it loads from cloud the ☁️ DVR appears
Contributor

I saved the post
532197EE-C05A-4867-BC3B-BBA0A7B27202.png
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 DVR not working properly

Spend some time on the Forums here and you'll see there is an ongoing nationwide issue with the DVR/Clound functions.  It's not just you.

If you log on to your online acct you'll probably see a notification there.  If you use the Smart Phone App,  Xfinity My Acct, it will also show an issue.

New Poster

DVR skipping

This needs to be addressed😡
Official Employee

Hello All, 

Sorry if you missed my post above regarding the current issues with the DVR. We are currently experiencing a temporary issue with viewing some DVR recordings on X1 in your area. We are aware of this issue and are working as quickly as possible to resolve it. No DVR recordings will be lost due to this issue. Please try again tomorrow. Thank you for your patience, and we apologize for the inconvenience. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!