Community Forum

Recording on DVR are skipping

Regular Visitor

Re: DVR recordings in the cloud Skipping stop/starting

They know this is a problem.  They refuse to provide any informatinon.  Customer service is just trying to keep us happy - they do not have a clue as to the issue.

They want us to "keep checking"  - they refuse to do any outreach.

New Poster

Every recording on DVR is randomly skipping, stuttering, and pixelating.

Good afternoon, everything that has recorded on my DVR within the past few days is unwatchable. It looks, and sounds like, I am on a dial up connection. I have system updates scheduled daily, I have reboot, reset, and refreshed everything, both individually by power supplies, and all at once via the onscreen option. Nothing changed. I work a 6 day week, every week, for 60 or more hours. The ONLY way I can watch anything, and justify 200 bucks per month, is via recordings, streaming apps, or On Demand. I'm simply just not home for regular programming times. What can I do, what can Comcast do, to fix this? I pass an Xfinity location twice daily so equipment can be exchanged, (or turned back in) very easily.

Thanks have a great day
Regular Visitor

Re: DVR skipping and freezing

I've noticed that over the last few days, in addition to the skipping, that the volume is lower when playing back a DVR show.

Regular Contributor

@kjakubowsk wrote:

@tbill1 wrote:

I can report It is now working properly in the Chicago area-no cloud version of a recording.

Just checked my wife's recording of The Bold and the Beautiful today (it is currently recording).  Playback is coming from the cloud.  I am in the Chicago suburbs.

I'm in the Northern suburbs if that helps

New Poster

Started working last night in Vermont.
Today not usable at all.
It seems the fcc should requirk Comast to refund the charges for dvr for the last week when it started happening.
At least they are now showing an outage detected.
New Poster

The same thing is happening to me in Massachusetts today and I completely agree with you. The least they can do for this multiple day, national dysfunction is give every affected customer a discount until the problem is fixed. We are paying for services we aren't receiving because of a network failure, not an emergency situation.
Frequent Visitor

I'm in Maryland and also recording BB so when I get home I'll see what happened with recording.

New Poster

Same issue here for the past two days in Sacramento, CA.
New Poster

Log into your Xfinity account >Support and start a chat. Let them know you are experiencing this issue and they will link your account with the DVR outage document and give you a reference ticket number. They will credit your account in your next bill. I don't know if they will do that if you haven't reported the issue and your account isn't linked with the outage document.

New Poster

A Comcast care tech got back to me via Twitter and said they knew about the issue, but he didn’t say when it would be resolved. Does anyone know if they gave an update about that?

New Poster

Thanks lands1 I will do that. I appreciate your help!

Regular Contributor

@APCO wrote:

Same problem in Centennial, CO.  Doesn't anyone form Comcast monitor these posts and realize they are about to lose hundreds of customers?  Or, do they just not care any more?

Same up here in Fort Collins.  I suspect they lost hundreds (prob many more) when the ability to set a recording via the Stream app was removed way back in Nov 2017.  With this problem they may lose thousands.  My Triple Play contract is up next month and even though I've been a Comcast customer for like 15 years, I'm seriously considering a switch, mainly due to ever-increasing price but also because of issues like the one being discussed here.

New Poster

Re: Dvr recordings on 1-23-19

Ours is the same, unable to watch anything. Skips, stops no sound. Today as well. What's going on and how do we fix it? I don't intend to pay for this awful service. I work nights so I have to tape everything to watch later. Off today and so aggravated. Thanks for any help.
New Poster

When I chatted with xfinity 30 min ago they did not have an ETA but were "working to resolve the issue."

Frequent Visitor

I'm in Virginia and I record BB also.  I will see if mine recorded as well. 

New Poster

Add me to the list.  I live in Castle Rock, CO and noticed this starting to happen a couple of days ago.  DVR at about 75% full.  When I select a program from the DVR list, it starts out fine (playing from the DVR recording), then, after a few minutes, it switches to the cloud recording (SD/HD in and out, dropping audio, freezing, etc.). 

Between this and the Netflix glitch (supposidly a Netflix issue and not Comcast), I am seriously debating cutting the cable.  I am also paying $200+ per month and expect a resolution soon.  

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Things seem to be working again here in SoFL -- currently recorded stuff is now playing as normal.

Yesterday's recorded things, however,  are playing though the cloud (with the cloud icon visible), but at least they're available.

New Poster

Maybe I will also say that I am "working to resolve the issues" when my bill comes due.

Frequent Visitor

I too have had the same problem the last few days. Funny thing is I have been researching to cut the cord for the last week.  Researching options, hard choice though as I've been with comcast for over 25 years. The prices have gone up too much to justify keeping their services. This new issue just might be the thing to push me to a new way of watching TV. 

New Poster

In revere ma and my dvr has been choppy for over a week...any way to get resolved...thank you

Regular Visitor

Yup, same issue here in NH. Why my recordings are in the cloud and yet still taking up space in my DVR I’ll never know, but I’m sure Comcast is right on top of this since I see so many responses from Comcast employees...😂 as usual they’re hiding until it’s fixed, then they’ll come on here and tell us each to Click on their name and DM with account details so they can do absolutely nothing for us!! Yay
Frequent Visitor

Re: DVR skipping and freezing

Mine too and the picture looks wierd in the recording, not to mention the freezing skipping etc.  Sometime technology stinks

Regular Contributor

@MileHighFish wrote:

Maybe I will also say that I am "working to resolve the issues" when my bill comes due.

and then they can start working on the issue of stopping your service and reporting you to collections...

always think 3 steps ahead on these things

New Poster

Same issue in Denver, CO. Started a chat with support and they stated that they have a new software update being installed within the next 2 hours that should fix the problem. They also offered my a bill credit.
New Poster

My system is now working correctly (Denver, CO).
New Poster

Ours too!

New Poster

Same problem here in PA. Dvr programs are unwatchable.
New Poster

Programs that are recorded won’t play. They start, stop, then skip ahead a little then do it all ove

Started last night.

Marcia Farver

Regular Visitor

I hate to be a member of any "me too" group but...ME TOO!

Frequent Visitor

Thank you everyone for the replies , appreciate it !

Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

Same thing happened to me all my recordings are messed up &  show up from the cloud and they’re all glitchy. Is there anyway to set it up that recordings are from DVR only? 

Most Valued Poster

Same here at 05651.  If the recordings play at all they skip, picture is terrible.  Add the Netflix stutter and I have to start questioning why I am a Comcast customer for TV at all. 

What is going on Comcast?  Fix this and fix this now!!  

New Poster

Dvr recording

We have been having problems seeing programs recorded.  

Frequent Visitor

Same here, in Vermont. Skipping, stuttering, failing, sound absurdly low, error messages, "smart resume" failing, on demand loaded instead... the whole bucket of slush. Two plus days of it.

Just finished (1/24/19, 4pm, EST) an online chat, was told they are working to resolve the outage, no ETA available. I asked if there will be a credit, was told there will be. I requested the reference number, was given it. Was then told that to get the credit, I need to contact CS with the reference number, after this issue is resolved.

New Poster

DVR Skipping!!!

I pay 250.00 a month for this! No DVR recording are watchable since last week. This is ridiculous, and a complete rip off!!
Most Valued Poster

Re: DVR Skipping!!!

There is another thread on this here.  There is a nation wide outage causing this issue.  

Most Valued Poster

Told the same thing.  Nationwide outage.  Hang in there folks. 

New Poster

I got some imrovement in NJ.  The Big Brother episode I watched last night no longer skips and jumps and is in HD quality.  But still anything that I recorded yesterday or the day before won't play, and it tells they have it On Demand and takes me to that recording.  Anything I recorded more than two days ago plays fine.  The @ComcastCares account on Twitter answered me right away when I DMed them, and said they know it's a nationwide problem and they got back to me after a few hours again and said they still haven't found a solution, and they'll check in with me again in the morning

Most Valued Poster

Are all recordings now going to the cloud instead of the DVR HDD?  Did Comcast just make a major change in that regard, thus the issues?   

Frequent Visitor

Re: DVR playback is choppy

1/23/19  Same here - ours has been happening for several days.  Did the usual restart a couple of times, but no help.  

Our main DVR STB version says:  MX011AN_3.2p10s1_PROD_sey; our den satellite box is:

CXD01ANI_3.3p62_PROD_sey

How do you tell if your recordings are in the Cloud as opposed to your DVR?

Regular Visitor

I can only speak for my experience here in Seattle, but I recorded some of the local morning news programs, and those were all cloud-recorded, cloud symbol, slow to start, slow fast-forward, etc. 

But my one noon news program was like the regular dvr program, correct resolution, no cloud symbol, rewind/ fast-forward is quick.  So maybe it is being fixed/worked on in other areas.

Contributor

Mine is doing the same thing, I’m in Elkton, Maryland . Seems all recordings are now going to the cloud (it used to record to cloud sporadically) and every show on the cloud during playback skips, stops, starts, sound goes out, and goes from hd to sd. This all started yesterday. Didn’t have any issues until yesterday. I’ve refreshed the box, restarted the box no help. How can I stop my recordings from going to cloud??? I couldn’t find anything in settings. I pay too much money to have bad service. It’s like I watching satellite in the rain. It doesn’t happen with OnDemand shows!?!?! C’mon Comcast!!!!

Update: 5:43pm
Chatted with someone from Comcast. A known issue, national problem technicians working on it, 24hr eta. Was advised to chat them again after issue resolved for credit.

Currently watching The Talk cloud ☁️ DVR recording and it’s doing much better!!!
New Poster

Well, since this is country wide and Xfinity hasn’t deigned to respond to this problem, it’s time to look at Hulu streaming. For $200 a month-this is reprehensible.
Contributor

Mine is PX013AN_3.3p7s1_PROD_sey
New Poster

Now I can’t pause it fast forward. Is it because I’ve complained? I’ve been using my Netflix and prime because of this. It’s nkt a bad option. Cheaper.
New Poster

They are doing nothing to resolve it. TIVO sued them and they lost, so they continue to rip off their long paying customers with no notice that this was about to happen. Time to call Dateline!

Frequent Visitor

I'm in Crystal Lake Il. and still have the same issues.

New Poster

So how does it get fixed?

New Poster

Why should we have to wait when we pay a fortune? I like to skip past the commercials and on Demand doesn't have that option right now.

New Poster

When I called this moring, they said they have no idea when it will be fixed.