Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Recorded shows not pausing

New Poster

Recorded shows not pausing

Hey there,

I don't know if something changed or if I messed up a setting, but when I’m watching something that has been recorded and is in my DVR, it doesn’t stay paused. I’ll hit pause and it switches itself to live tv after about 5 mins whereas I could pause it and it would remain paused until I physically hit the pause button again. Super frustrating. 

Thanks,

Josh

Tags (3)
Official Employee

Re: Recorded shows not pausing

Hello Joshcoop. I can assist with getting your DVR operating normally again. Have you tried to unlug the box from the electrial outlet and plug it back in to let it reboot? 

If not, please do so and retest and let us know if the issue persists. 

New Poster

Yes, I did that this morning and just tested it now and it still went to live tv (by itself) after being paused on a show that had been recorded. 

Official Employee

Can you confirm does this happen when playing back on your main DVR box, or on your smaller companion box? Or, does this happen on both?

New Poster

I’ve only noticed it on a companion box. I unplugged that and the main box, both, this morning. 

Official Employee

This may be a connectivity issue (MoCA) between that companion box and the main DVR. I am going to recommend a technician visit to get this inspected and possibly the box(es) replaced. 

To schedule the technician visit, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.