Community Forum

Record option set to "this TV only" on for AnyRoom DVR recording?

New Poster

Record option set to "this TV only" on for AnyRoom DVR recording?

I have the "AnyRoom" DVR service with two TV's, one with X1 DVR and one with X1 non-DVR.

In the past all my scheduled series recordings on my X1 DVR showed up on the X1 non-DVR TV, till a friend came over and noticed this and showed me how to change it.

Basically, he found some sort of option that set the recording to "Only show on this TV". He did this on both of the TV's to only show the recordings on only that particular TV that the recording series was initiated.

However, when I try to do the same thing I cannot find the menu nor the option he selected to do this.

I've called tech support a few times and no one knows, and they even say that it doesn't exist.  

Can anyone help figure this out?

Edit:

Just for clarity, households with AnyRoom DVR, basically there only needs to be one DVR in the house and yet it each recording shows on everyone's X1 DVR.  

Eventually, things look really cluttered and annoying when you go to your saved recordings and you have to look sort through everyones recordings till you get to the recording you recorded.

In other words on my TV it only makes sense that some recordings that only I watch should be given the option to watch in my room and vice versa.  However, there could be other recordings to be shared in the entire house.

Basically, it seems that it would a natural option to select if selected recordings are for "this TV only" for other X1 TV's to be selected.

Problem Solver

Re: Record option set to "this TV only" on for AnyRoom DVR recording?

Why not get this friend to return and show you what he did? 

New Poster

He actually was over earlier and could not remember how he did it so I decided to google and ultimately post this X1 question where those that know Xfinity best gather: here.

I figure if this riddle can't be solve on the xfinity forums then it's probably best to give up on it.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

I feel your pain and frustration, as the saying goes, "Been There, Done That" . 

And make notes of what you've done.   Let us know if you are ever able to recreate those steps.  

Good Luck, ciao, bj

New Poster

Thank you.

I hope someone on here reads this thread and can shed some light.

Because eventually, it's basically a simply question regarding AnyRoom DVR.

How can I just have certain recordings show up only on my TV without spamming every TV in the house with those recording that will only be viewed in my Room?

And how can my mom's recorded soap operas stop reaching my TV under my saved recordings?

Official Employee

There’s never been a setting like that with the X1 platform

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!