Community Forum

Rebooting every afternoon.

Frequent Visitor

Rebooting every afternoon.

Why does my X1 box reboot every afternoon at 1:54 pm? It goes into a reboot cycle until I send a refresh signal or just continues to reboot for several hours until it regains watchability on its own.

As far as I can tell, it never does the nightly reboot that I've seen talked about. At first I thought the box was set up to reboot in the afternoon. But in the settings, it's set to reboot in the early AM hours. And the boxes clock is set correctly.
Expert

Re: Rebooting every afternoon.

LowSC2 wrote:
Why does my X1 box reboot every afternoon at 1:54 pm? It goes into a reboot cycle until I send a refresh signal or just continues to reboot for several hours until it regains watchability on its own.

As far as I can tell, it never does the nightly reboot that I've seen talked about. At first I thought the box was set up to reboot in the afternoon. But in the settings, it's set to reboot in the early AM hours. And the boxes clock is set correctly.

typically that means you have low signal levels or high noise levels or both. Call 800-Comcast and ask the TV representative to run the 31 point Einstein test.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.