Community Forum

Re: XG1v4 Netflix app Dolby Atmos support

Contributor

I have the same issue where I can access Dolby Atmos through my xbox one s Netflix app but not through the xg1v4.
Famous Last words:

"HOLD MY BEER AND WATCH THIS"
Official Employee

Plucknbach, thanks for posting about your Dolby Atmos support on Netflix via the X1 box. 

The last I checked, Atmos was only used for select content as it was in beta a few months back. I remember we had atmos available for the Olympic Winter games in 4K UHD on demand. 

See: 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/dolby-atmos-x1

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Are we receiving True 4K signal or the x1 box upconverts to 4K, and where is Dolby Atmos?

Hello, 

I have the XG1V4 which is suppose to allow me to view 4k content.  I'm curious because it seems that 4k content from the x1 box is not as clear as content through my xbox one or smart tv.  I'm thinking that the resolution we receive is upscaled to 4k by the x1 box. 

Also,  streaming from On Demand with shows that show Dolby Atmos audio does not register as Dolby Atmos on my new AVR.  I recently read that Xfinity only provides Dolby Digital 5.1 and that we would need at least Dolby Digital Plus in order for Dolby Atmos content to be experienced. 

Any insight or comments?

Famous Last words:

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Are we receiving True 4K signal or the x1 box upconverts to 4K, and where is Dolby Atmos?

@Plucknbach wrote:

Hello, 

I have the XG1V4 which is suppose to allow me to view 4k content.  I'm curious because it seems that 4k content from the x1 box is not as clear as content through my xbox one or smart tv.  I'm thinking that the resolution we receive is upscaled to 4k by the x1 box. 

Also,  streaming from On Demand with shows that show Dolby Atmos audio does not register as Dolby Atmos on my new AVR.  I recently read that Xfinity only provides Dolby Digital 5.1 and that we would need at least Dolby Digital Plus in order for Dolby Atmos content to be experienced. 

Any insight or comments?

Do you have your output set to Expert Mode?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

Re: Are we receiving True 4K signal or the x1 box upconverts to 4K, and where is Dolby Atmos?

Yes, I have all my settings in the corrects modes.
Famous Last words:

Expert

At the current time; if you want: Dolby Atmos, 2160p, HDR, you should be using apps found on your television, or other IPV devices (not the 4K DVR).

On "You Tube" you can search for "UHD 4K HDR Atmos" for videos containing these. Do the same for other apps containing these attributes. Comcast will get up to speed eventually.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Yes, that's what I do now. If I want D Atmos, hdr, 4kuhd I use either my xbox or smart TV. I'm just disappointed that X1 doesnt have some of these features considering the size of their network.
Famous Last words:

Contributor

I see that in on demand but not Netflix or Amzn Prime through X1 apps access.
Famous Last words:

Silver Problem Solver

@Plucknbach wrote:
I see that in on demand but not Netflix or Amzn Prime through X1 apps access.

Did you read the Dolby Atmos article?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

The catch here Robert is that the Olympics had the only Dolby Atmos found on Comcast and the videos are long gone.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

I read a lot of referrals to the Olympics in atmos. That's ok, but where's the rest. We're paying premium monthly fees and other streaming services provide more up to date content. I haven't read any explanation from Netflix why there is
little to no atmos, dd+, dts:x,etc...
Famous Last words:

Contributor

I've read all this. I know what atmos is. AND I've seen the Olympics. This is an old article. I have all my devices set up accordingly. Even as instructed to search "Dolby atmos" nothing shows up. Where's the rest? I dont want to watch the past Olympics.
Famous Last words: