Community Forum

Re: X1 software update screen stuck

New Poster

Yesterday,  there was an attempt to upgrade software (twice)  on my cable box. I have 2. Both now do not work. Retarting, unplugging do not fix problem. Is it still the case that I need to replace my cable boxes?

Official Employee

Elliott32224, thanks for telling us about your software issue on your X1 boxes. Do you see an error code on either box? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

When I left for work this morning and when I returned from work this afternoon the screen showed "Powering up. This may take a few minutes..."

New Poster

For the secondary box, the TV shows the code RDK-03036.

Gold Problem Solver

RDK 03036 is a MOCA error message that means your secondary box cannot communicate with the main box over the wiring in your home. The secondary X1 boxes must have clear communication with the main DVR.
New Poster

Understood. This started with software upgrade that was pushed to us. The secondary box cannot communicate with the primary box probably because the primary box is stuck on "Powering up..."

Gold Problem Solver

Unplug all of your X1 devices. Plug the main box back in first and wait for it to fully reboot, then plug in any secondary boxes.

If that doesn't help you probably need a Comcast tech out to investigate.

@Elliott32224 wrote:

Understood. This started with software upgrade that was pushed to us. The secondary box cannot communicate with the primary box probably because the primary box is stuck on "Powering up..."

New Poster

Thanks for the suggestion. It did not work and the technician will be at my house tomorrow.

New Poster

Xfinity tech came and replaced the cable box. The technician told me that the downloading software message is a default message that is seen when the cable box goes bad. Everything is fine now with the new cable box.

Official Employee

@Elliott32224

Thank you for letting us know the tech was able to get this resolved. If you have any issues in the future, feel free to contact us Take care. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!