Community Forum

Re: X1 playlist has stopped working

New Poster

I am also having the same issue with playlists- I am able to add to/ create. Edit/ delete playlists, but when I try to view them it says " we're sorry, the playlist service is not responding. This may be temporary so please check back shortly"- for over a month now. I have also have many other issues with older functions that used to work- and it is all software problems- details that were probably overlooked- related to the Xfinity cable box GUI functions- DVR and OnDemand, mostly. <br><br>I live in Somerset, NJ- and we have the lastest model DVR and 2 additional boxes, as well as the most recent Cable box "gateway". <br>(It took me 3 months to get a good tech out here to replace the line outside and the modem - after losing service about 20 times- up to 3 days at a time)<br>Everytime I browse and search for shows, or set recordings, i run into errors- seems like more everyday. For example, when I try to record a show on NatGeoWild, it sets to record the SD, not HD version of the show. In order for me to record the HD version, I had to go to Guide and search for channel 1472, then habe to go through the next few weeks of programming (to find the day and time when the HD episode that i wanted to record was on), press "info", then "record", then "this episode only", and REPEAT and record from there- but the next day- i looked to see what was scheduled to record - and the SD version of the show was set to record- not the HD version. <br><br>Also, you used to have "watch options"- I wanted to add episodes to shows like "Wild Alaska" and "Wild Thailand" to a playlist.. but it only shows that particular episodes are airing either in the future, OR I can watch on demand. I should have the options to record HD or SD or watch on demand, since the show is from 2014-2017. This is where I have an issue with recording HD. If I hit record, it shows that it is only airing on channel 198 WLD, not on channel 1472.<br><br>Search is also all messed up- I cant see the full list of shows starting with the word "WILD"- and most of them I have to pay extra for.
Xfinity is (hope
probably working on their database library- trying to limit data sizes so speeds are faster- or trying to not make so much free content available.. (In many of mu searches, as I browse, more than half of the shows leads me to have to purchase or rent, or subscribe to Prime, Curiosity Stream, EPIX, NETFLIX, or some other - network- even though we already pay $260/ month!!)- Fire stick is only a one-time purchase- and there you can get MORE content- for the same fees- WITHOUT having to pay a cable company $260/month!<br><br>Xfinity on-demand was the one thing i used to love about xfinity- the ease of use and all of the available "free"content- but if i need a seperate subscription, from $5.99/month- $12.99/month for every different channel collection- it is not worth it- I can do that online!<br><br>Xfinity needs to go back to being cable channels. We have smart TVs, firesticks, or we can watch internet by hooking a device up to our TV screen- we dont need xfinity for all these extra services- just please let us go back to our 450 channels, be able to watch on demand for free - if the show has already aired- have the same DVR capabilities - Simple is better sometimes- we might even rent a newer movie from Xfinity once in awhile. <br>Xfinity, just like all these huge corporations like Google and Amazon- tries to compete for market share by tying to become things they aren't- so they can become MORE of a monopoly- and they do so without the capabilities to do so (or they roll it out without extensive testing)- and cuatomers like us have to suffer in the meantime! Xfinity- hire some experienced project managers that know how to use schedules and timetables- and test everything that was touched- because it looks like your cable technology is going backwards- not fowards- and you are going to lose more customers by spending a few extra dollars and more hours.
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X1-playlist-has-stopped-working/m-p/3212500/highlight/true#M175362

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!