Community Forum

Re: X1 TV Box--Sporadic "NO SIGNAL" Message

Silver Problem Solver

@LBBrown wrote:

Our issue continues with the X1 box handshake to TV 95% of the time when the TV is first turned on in the morning.  Once in a blue moon, I do not have to reboot the box.  However, a couple of days ago, after the TV had been off for about 3-4 hrs during the middle of the day, I had to reboot the box. Bottom line, the issue continues.  Wondering just when they will resolve this issue. We pay far too much per month to have to deal with this.   And apparently it's been going on for over a  year according to posts in theforum here.

Since I have a service contract (which isn't offered now) I would call 1800comcast and schedule a tech visit.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Thanks, but I have done that. A tech visited. I have talked to advanced tech support and customer service twice. My tv is new as of July. I have changed HDMI cables and cable boxes.  This issue appeared after recently upgrading to the X1 box. None of those I have spoken to acknowledged any handshake issue. They kept trying to tell me it must be my tv, my cables or settings I set. Nope.  It was not until I found this forum did I realized I am not alone and that this is a widespread issue associated with the new X1 box.

Silver Problem Solver

@LBBrown wrote:

Thanks, but I have done that. A tech visited. I have talked to advanced tech support and customer service twice. My tv is new as of July. I have changed HDMI cables and cable boxes.  This issue appeared after recently upgrading to the X1 box. None of those I have spoken to acknowledged any handshake issue. They kept trying to tell me it must be my tv, my cables or settings I set. Nope.  It was not until I found this forum did I realized I am not alone and that this is a widespread issue associated with the new X1 box.

Sorry I couldn't help; I've had the X1 system since it became avalable in my market.  I have had signal issues but they were resolved by tech visits who replaced my coax cables and wall connections all the way out to the ground block outside my residence ant to the coax cable from the power pole in my back yard.  The latest issue was created by varmits chewing on the coax drop from the pole; once it was replaced, my signal was back to normal.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

The issue seems to have started around the time a tech replaced the wiring to our house. A landscaper had accidentally severed the cable to the house, so a Tech came out and ran a new cable to the house and buried it a few days later. Since that time, we’ve had another tech replace the box and the hdmi cable. Unfortunately, the issue only seems to be getting worse.