Community Forum

Re: Volume level of cloud recordings is low

Expert

@tfbit wrote:

I guess our area was converted over to cloud based recording last night. Had a bunch of stutters, skips, and other issues that seem to have resolved themselves. Main problem I see now is that I have to crank up the volume to get the sound level of cloud recording up to the same level as watching the channel live. Older, hard drive based, recordings have the same sound level as wathing TV live. Anyone else seeing this?

cloud recordings are made all the time. When the home recorder can't play the home recorder's own recording it plays the cloud recording. The cloud DVR currently only has the stereo 2.0 stream which is why your loudness profile is different. The issue appears to have been fixed for new recordings on 1/24.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

It hasnt been fixed on my end. Shows recorded last night still have volume and picture sharpness issues. Will record more tonight and see if it’s really fixed. 

Expert

@schnappsy wrote:

It hasnt been fixed on my end. Shows recorded last night still have volume and picture sharpness issues. Will record more tonight and see if it’s really fixed. 

comcast has nothing to do with volume/sharpness nor brightness color tint etc. the video is received by your TV exactly as produced by the provider of the show. It is all digital. the other audio streams other than 2.0 are not sent with stream for whatever reason. did you note if the 'problem' recordings are cloud DVR copies?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!