Community Forum

Re: Transfering DVR content to DVD

Regular Contributor

Does anything actually get recorded locally? I was watrching a recorded program on the DVR last night and for about 5 minutes could not pause, fast-forward, rewind, or otherwise alter playback. Eventually got a full-screen message about not being able to connect to the Xfinity network. Why in the world would I need to connect to the Xfinity network to watch a program that was stored locally in the DVR?

Expert

@datsunrobbie wrote:

Does anything actually get recorded locally? I was watrching a recorded program on the DVR last night and for about 5 minutes could not pause, fast-forward, rewind, or otherwise alter playback. Eventually got a full-screen message about not being able to connect to the Xfinity network. Why in the world would I need to connect to the Xfinity network to watch a program that was stored locally in the DVR?

if you have DVR X1 service with a DVR set top box in your home, yes the recordings are made 'locally' (and in the cloud at same time). you can tell the source by pressing the OK button while viewing and in bottom left corner it will say 'Channel xx' (live) "on-demand" for on-demand shows playing, and "DVR or 'cloud' DVR for playback from local/cloud.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!