Community Forum

Re: Saved DVR shows are disappearing

Highlighted
New Poster

Problem still happening in August 2018...   I have tried 3 different X1 DVR's, and TWO X1 Modems.  I have had 5 techicians out, and am supposed to have a SENIOR TECH come out tomorrow.  Ours happens no matter what the percentage full is.  Just yesterday, went from 9%/21 progams to 4% 8 programs... These were just recorded in the past week, set to NOT be deleted until I DELETE THEM.  It all started 2 months ago when I installed the X1 Modem.  The following day, 191 programs were permanently deleted.  It has deleted programs almost every other day for the past 2 months...

Expert

@WarrenJ1 wrote:

Problem still happening in August 2018...   I have tried 3 different X1 DVR's, and TWO X1 Modems.  I have had 5 techicians out, and am supposed to have a SENIOR TECH come out tomorrow.  Ours happens no matter what the percentage full is.  Just yesterday, went from 9%/21 progams to 4% 8 programs... These were just recorded in the past week, set to NOT be deleted until I DELETE THEM.  It all started 2 months ago when I installed the X1 Modem.  The following day, 191 programs were permanently deleted.  It has deleted programs almost every other day for the past 2 months...

Hi, I moved your post to a separate thread. the one you posted in had a particular problem resolved more than a year ago. the longest you can set a recording to keep is one year. were the recordings older than that? have you checked to see if you have many more available on the cloud DVR? There may be an account database problem that is temporarily hiding the recordings from your view. Also, have you tried a power off reboot of your actual DVR(s)?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello, WarrenJ1! 

I would like to take a closer look into this issue and review our records to try and figure out what is happening to your recordings. Can you please Private Message me with your full name so I can help? 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!