Community Forum

Re: Recording a show in progress from the beginning.

Official Employee

That capability was removed more than 2 years ago. It was so the cloud and physical DVR reflected the same recording

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastAndrew wrote:
That capability was removed more than 2 years ago. It was so the cloud and physical DVR reflected the same recording

Okay, Andrew. You've stated a piece of history that is of no use to anyone as it is not a solution, and, as written, the balance of your response doesn't make sense.  The cloud has to match a physical DVR recording?? But, I don't have a physical DVR, and the program doesn't exist in the cloud. So, what are you trying to say here? Please rewrite your response.

Official Employee

My response is recording starts the moment when you choose to record, you can’t go backwards and record. No matter what service you have... There’s nothing to fix, the capability was removed

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastAndrew wrote:
My response is recording starts the moment when you choose to record, you can’t go backwards and record. No matter what service you have... There’s nothing to fix, the capability was removed

Geez, Andrew! All you did was restate the issue about which I wrote and say there's nothing to fix.   That's saying you don't even see there's an issue. There IS an issue, and I'm not the only one who feels that way. I asked you to explain what you had in mind when you wrote your first response,  and you chose not to even do that much. Obviously, your heart's not in this. You just don't care.  Too bad.  You've added even more fuel to my Comcast fire.

New Poster

Andrew.. I don't think you get it.  We totally understand this feature doesn't exist.  No matter what your obstacle is, we want this feature to exist because all other DVR's support this.  Today is my first day using X1, and after using Tivo for a couple of decades, it is frustrating that X1 doesn't support this. If you want to be helpful, please stop restating the issue and ask your engineers to get this feature put in.

Official Employee

That feature was removed years ago because the cloud feature doesn’t support the buffer recording. The business decision was made to have the cloud and physical dvr to show the same recording...

New Poster

Andrew... stop saying things we already know.  Please be an advocate for us (if you care) and let the engineers know we want this feature.

Official Employee

Sorry, I’m a field technician, my job is take the equipment and services and make it work. I’m just being honest with my answer and opinion. Personally, I’d like it back too but it’s been gone over 4 now and it’s one of those things that I’d be shocked to see return.

New Poster

Okay Andrew, if you're not going to help then please tell us who we should to talk to about it. Surely someone within the "caring" company can assist and get this issue addressed, right?

It's always been a basic DVR function and extremely useful.  Obviously people want this back and use it.  I don't blame you, but for a company that "cares", I've watched Comcast do a great job of removing useful and sometimes even basic DVR features and functionality. Years ago I actually considered Comcast DVRs amazing devices which made for an enjoyable watching experience. After my recent "upgrade" I've noticed several missing features and no longer care to touch the disgusting thing.

If Comcast really cared at all about the customers, there would be a resolution to this issue. You know if the "business" lost enough money over it, a "decision" to find a fix would be made.