Community Forum

Re: Error Code RDK-10000

New Poster

Rustyben wrote:

Myrta1 wrote:

What is RDK-10000 and how can I fix it?  I already went through x1 phone support with no resolution.

are you getting this error on the DVR? (has a clock display). using the remote press the A button and follow the menu for account refresh. after the DVR is up and running live try the other smaller companion set top boxes. are they now working?

We are getting the same error RDK - 10000, among others. almost 2 months ago we traded in old equipment for the new ones. (1 main DVR/3 satellite boxes). 2 boxes upstairs do not work. The one within 10 feet of the main DVR box works intermittently. We got this error on it and husband called customer service, but I found this thread while he was speaking to someone. I did what you advised. Now instead of the error, it is freezing and buffering, with sound/pic. In the meantime the C/S rep said the problem is not out at the pole. Husband set up for a tech to see if there is a filter that needs to be removed, as per the comcast employee replies below yours. This is going on 2 months of malfunctioning service, while the old equipment used to work fine. Your solution hasn't fixed the problem, although it is no longer giving the RDK - 10000 error. Thanks for trying.

Expert

diguglifam wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

Myrta1 wrote:

What is RDK-10000 and how can I fix it?  I already went through x1 phone support with no resolution.

are you getting this error on the DVR? (has a clock display). using the remote press the A button and follow the menu for account refresh. after the DVR is up and running live try the other smaller companion set top boxes. are they now working?

We are getting the same error RDK - 10000, among others. almost 2 months ago we traded in old equipment for the new ones. (1 main DVR/3 satellite boxes). 2 boxes upstairs do not work. The one within 10 feet of the main DVR box works intermittently. We got this error on it and husband called customer service, but I found this thread while he was speaking to someone. I did what you advised. Now instead of the error, it is freezing and buffering, with sound/pic. In the meantime the C/S rep said the problem is not out at the pole. Husband set up for a tech to see if there is a filter that needs to be removed, as per the comcast employee replies below yours. This is going on 2 months of malfunctioning service, while the old equipment used to work fine. Your solution hasn't fixed the problem, although it is no longer giving the RDK - 10000 error. Thanks for trying.

you will probably need a comcast tech visit so the MoCA can start communicating. If one of the companions is not an XG2, you would be happier with swapping one of the companions for one. The XG2 has 3 extra tuners to loan out to the other companion set top boxes and that iwll leave your DVR's tuners alone and available for recording up to 6 shows at one time.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Diguglifam, are you able to give a description of how your cable is ran, splitters, amp, etc.

Your modem is well within spec and in comparison, your dvr is way out of spec and can't communicate with those XiDs

New Poster

ComcastAndrew wrote:

Diguglifam, are you able to give a description of how your cable is ran, splitters, amp, etc.

Your modem is well within spec and in comparison, your dvr is way out of spec and can't communicate with those XiDs

Splitter divides tvs and modem/router tower. Amplifier has a green light on with one wire out the back, two wires out the front back to the splitter. 1 dvr & 1 satellite box on 1st floor, 2 satellite boxes on 2nd floor, splitter and amplifier in basement. (this is the same configuration that worked with the old boxes/our modem/wifi router.)

Official Employee

What kind of amp? It matters.The X1, how it works, what it needs to work correctly and how the whole system works is totally different than what you had before. Especially the 2 amps, that won't fly.

New Poster

Husbands says: (one) Proformance 6KV Combination Wave Surge Protected Amplifier VSA-601C

Official Employee

Yeah that's the wrong one. it's safe to assume the moca ( how the boxes communicate) can't pass through the amps. If moca can't pass, the boxes can't talk. The attached pic, shows an example of what should be used, and eliminating the second amp.

IMG_0243.JPG
New Poster

ComcastAndrew wrote:

Yeah that's the wrong one. it's safe to assume the moca ( how the boxes communicate) can't pass through the amps. If moca can't pass, the boxes can't talk. The attached pic, shows an example of what should be used, and eliminating the second amp.

It is just one amplifier, but okay. Is the correct amplifier available at the Comcast Store? Is it just a matter of switching out the cables onto the new amplifier? Does the new amplifier require an electrical outlet? Thank you for your help!

Official Employee

diguglifam wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:

It is just one amplifier, but okay. Is the correct amplifier available at the Comcast Store? Is it just a matter of switching out the cables onto the new amplifier? Does the new amplifier require an electrical outlet? Thank you for your help!

Those amps are available by tech install, not in the store.

It would be preferred (but not always possible) to have every cable outlet homeran back to the amp. But the way it is now the amp would take the place of the first splitter and present amp. Off the amp, port 1 feeds the dvr, port 2 feeds the second floor splitter, port 3 feeds the modem. New amp requires electricity for power through coax, either directly or remotely through the coax that feeds the dvr (needs a special splitter included).

Official Employee

Hi, diguglifam - I can schedule an appointment for you, just please send me a private message with your name and address. 

New Poster

ComcastElla wrote:

Hi, diguglifam - I can schedule an appointment for you, just please send me a private message with your name and address. 

Thank you Ella, but we had a tech visit today. My husband says the tech replaced the old amplifier, and set the new one up the way it was described in a prior post. We tried to give the tech's supervisor positive feedback, but we were told we would have to wait for a survey to be sent (?). If we had known that a solution/resolution was quicker and more accurate by posting in this forum, we wouldn't have wasted 2 1/2 months calling customer service. 

Official Employee

Thank you so much for using our Help & Support Forum page. I'm glad to hear that you are satisfied with the visit and I did send your feedback to the tech's supervisor. We are always happy to help!