Community Forum

Re: DVR recordings being deleted

Regular Visitor

Hello @ComcastChe I have experienced the same 'dvr recordings deletion' that the above users have mentioned.  Mine occurred some time the evening of 05May until the evening of 06May, when I noticed 40-50% of my hard drive has been erased.  Could I please be included in the discussion and I would like to help with the investigation and provide all the information I can.  I currently do not have the 'private message' feature enabled and would need that added before I can PM you to discuss further.  Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Official Employee

@bosstone1990

I'm happy you were able to send me a private message after making your public post. I've replied to your message and wanted to inform others that this is something that is being investigated. For those of you who have experienced the same issue with deleted recordings, please make a public post on this thread, and then send me a private message with your first and last name, the date that you began to notice the missing recordings. From there, I will need to create a ticket for you that will be linked to the open investigation. I will also be responsible for following up with you after this is resolved to make sure you are no longer having problems. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I've also been having this issue. The DVR says its only 45% full, but we're losing shows and I'm losing track of what's missing. Its very annoying. HELP

Official Employee

Hi @ElliePoz

Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. I apologize for the experience you're having. I definitely understand why it would be annoying. We are actively working to find a resolution to this issue. In the meantime, can you send me a private message with your first and last name so I can create a ticket for you and link it to the investigation? Thanks. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello All, 

I just wanted to provide a quick update. At this time, our engineers are still working to find a resolution to the issue of the missing DVR recordings. I will continue to monitor this on my end and follow up as more updates are provided. We appreciate your patience. 

Official Employee

Hello All, 

I just wanted to let you all know we are still working to find a resolution to this issue. I will continue to follow up as I receive new information. Thank you for your patience. 

Official Employee

Hello, 

I just wanted to let you all know there will be a fix implemented in a firmware update in the near future, at this time, we cannot provide an exact ETA since this fix will be rolled out in phases. We appreciate your patience. 

New Poster

Definitely seeing this as well. Just noticed it today, but wife noticed a significant drop in our percentage full on Sunday.