Community Forum

Re: DVR Programs will not delete

Frequent Visitor

I’m having the same problem; about 1/3 of the programs will not delete. I have tried everything that has been suggested, i.e., unplugged the DVR, did a DVR Sync, and I still get a message that says, “Sorry, we were unable to delete your recording. If you continue to have trouble, restart your set-top box then try deleting again. XRE-06034” Programs do not delete!
Valued Contributor

mmpipes2017 wrote:
I’m having the same problem; about 1/3 of the programs will not delete. I have tried everything that has been suggested, i.e., unplugged the DVR, did a DVR Sync, and I still get a message that says, “Sorry, we were unable to delete your recording. If you continue to have trouble, restart your set-top box then try deleting again. XRE-06034” Programs do not delete!

How many boxes do you have? Have you tried rebooting all the boxes? Don't just reboot 1 box, reboot all because they communicate with each other. If that fails, it could be a backend issue.

Frequent Visitor

I only have ONE box!
Official Employee

Hi, mmpipes2017 - Could you please provide examples of recordings you are trying to delete? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

i notice that too.   sometimes i delete a program, and it says its deleting it, but there it is still in my DVR list.

if i come back the next day it lets me delete it.

Frequent Visitor

What difference does that make? I like old movies, so these are older Movies that were recorded from March-June of 2017; channels 711/RETHD, 856/STZEH, 523/STZWS, 710/INDHD, 505/SUNDw, 221/INSP, 852/TCMHD, 857/HMMHD.
Official Employee

It actually makes a big difference because in order to escalate I need to know what recordings are affected. I need to know the exact titles. If you don't want to post it publicly, you can send me a private message. Thank you. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Per your request, this is a list of movies that will not delete from the only DVR I have in my home. As you can see, it’s a long list! Is there is a way to just wipe it clean & start over?
1. The Magic of Ordinary Days
2. To Sir, With Love
3. Rio Bravo
4. The Greatest Show on Earth
5. San Francisco
6. Othello
7. The Searchers
8. Manhattan Melodrama
9. She Wore a Yellow Ribbon
10. The Undefeated
11. The Train Robbers
12. Chisum
13. Conrack
14. Uncle Buck
15. Saddle Tramp
16. The Outsider
17. A Walk in the Clouds
Official Employee

Awesome, thank you so much! I refreshed your DVR, could you please try again? I also escalated issue to the repair team. 

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your prompt attention to my dilemma. I just tried deleting those movies again, and I got the same message... and they are NOT deleted. They’re good movies & since I can’t delete them, I’ve watched them more than once, but it’s football season!
Official Employee

I can see error messages and how many times you tried to delete those recordings. At this point, there is nothing that you can do from your side. As soon as I get an update from the repair team - I will let you know. 

New Poster

Have you found a fix for Error mesaage XRE-06034
My DVR is at 100% and I am Not able to delete what recordings I want.
Silver Problem Solver

@Marys-Xfi wrote:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-delete-a-recording

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Valued Contributor

@Marys-Xfi wrote:

There are a few things you can try:

1. try rebooting the boxes

2. perform system refresh

3. Sync DVR

4. try deleting the recordings from the cloud(I once deleted a recording from the cloud & it also deleted from the box)

5. If steps 1-4 fail, open a  support ticket for the engineers to examine because it can also be a backend issue which they need to fix.

6. If step 5 fails, swap the box. Possible equipment failure.