Community Forum

Re: Blue screen

New Poster

When I turn on the tv, I get the famous blue screen and after moment also the notation STB refsw design in the uppoer right, along with "Video 720p" beneath it. As a further clue to solving this, let me mention that I can always resolve the situation by cycling through all the other input options, using the input button on the controller. The other ones give me a black screen, and then when I get back to my Input 7, which is where my HDMI cable is attached, everything is perfect. But I would rather not go through this process, which is sometimes hard to explain to kids or otehr visitors. Could someone please explain what is happening and how to correct it. Thanks. Using a Sharp Aquos TV. (I posted a similar message as a separate thread but have gotten no replies.)

Expert

Re: STB refsw design

@crh wrote:

When I turn on the tv, I get the famous blue screen and after moment also the notation STB refsw design in the uppoer right, along with "Video 720p" beneath it. As a further clue to solving this, let me mention that I can always resolve the situation by cycling through all the other input options, using the input button on the controller. The other ones give me a black screen, and then when I get back to my Input 7, which is where my HDMI cable is attached, everything is perfect. But I would rather not go through this process, which is sometimes hard to explain to kids or otehr visitors. Could someone please explain what is happening and how to correct it. Thanks. Using a Sharp Aquos TV. (I posted a similar message as a separate thread but have gotten no replies.)

I moved your post to a separate thread as the one you used to post is not about your issue. what X1 set top box model do you have? do you have other set top boxes? you can swap that set top box out at your local Xfinity store.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

On your tv, are your inputs labeled? Cable box, cable, etc

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!