Community Forum

Rdk-10000

New Poster

Rdk-10000

I got this error yesterday and now my master bedroom box is stuck on the connecting to entertainment platform screen! I have tried everything and nothing is working.
Expert

Re: Rdk-10000

Khagan wrote:
I got this error yesterday and now my master bedroom box is stuck on the connecting to entertainment platform screen! I have tried everything and nothing is working.

Here is the RDK-10000 error instructions:  http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-errorcode-rdk-10000/

You should call into Comcast and begin the troubleshooting steps with them at this time.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I got this message today on my bedroom (small) box and was looking for help. I finally gave in and tried the online chat feature. The Tech was unable to solve the problem by sending a remote refresh and insisted I schedule a service technician to come to my house. I left my box unplugged for about half an hour. Then restarted my main X1 (large) box, plugged the small box back into Coax and power but left disconnected from the TV HDMI. That solved my problem.
Regular Visitor

This worked perfect for me. I did not wait 1/2 hour though. Just on plugged all from small box with error (coax, power and hdmi to tv), went upstairs pulled out the power on the big box for 30 and plugged back in. Once that TV was back working after the start-up routine, I replugged all on small box that had the error and all good!  THANK YOU for posting this fix!

New Poster

I had to contact customer support. Btw, the rep (Aldo - 572698) was great. A signal had to be sent to my main box as it was giving my bedroom box the 'silent treatment'. Once the new signal was sent to the 'silent one', the two boxes were back on speaking terms. Now if only this magic could work on siblings. Thanx for all the help Aldo!

New Poster

Encountered rhe same issue. The steps by davidel and milehigh worked perfectly! Thanks.
New Poster

Thank you guys so much for this solution. It worked for me as well and prevented me from having to call Comcast.

Expert

1+ Year old Topic now Closed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!