Community Forum

RDK-10000

New Poster

RDK-10000

Hello Comcast Support,

Every now and then I get a RDK-10000 on my comcast TV on X1 small box. It's ok for a while after running it for overnight, I get these problems.

Then it returns to normal after several hours making the viewing experience bad. Whenever I call, the customer support on the line always reset/restart the box and nothing happens after few hours.

A technician came and miraculously its running normal again, so the technician did nothing. What is this error why is this happening frequently??

20160128_071840.jpg

Silver Problem Solver

Re: RDK-10000

No clue.  The X1 box is having difficulty communicating with Comcast servers, probably.

It could be a loose coax connection somewhere in your residence, or it could be a loose connection with the coax coming from outside somewhere.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

There is certainly a problem on XFinity's signal from time to time, The only thing is that it doesn't happen on the main box and always on the second box.

Please view the video, I have the video of the problem.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6l2-EDge5TZSDZkRmwzY3BScFU/view?usp=sharing

Regular Contributor

Try swapping box locations.  If the problem persists on the companion box in the new location, then it's a problem with the box.  If not, then it's a problem with the wiring.

Official Employee

jaydlowrider wrote:

There is certainly a problem on XFinity's signal from time to time, The only thing is that it doesn't happen on the main box and always on the second box.

Please view the video, I have the video of the problem.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6l2-EDge5TZSDZkRmwzY3BScFU/view?usp=sharing

When you posted last night, you didn't have a Moca connection at all, this morning you have a strong Moca connection. Moca is how your boxes are talking to each other. If it continues, check your connections, cables etc. or call for a tech to troubleshoot further.

New Poster

based on one of the replies below, i restarted my main large box and as soon as it re-connected, both the small boxes that were frozen and giving me the RDK-10000 message instantly connected and were fine again. maybe it has something to do with the main box communicating with the smaller secondary boxes. worked for me.