Community Forum

RDK-03087/device not connected

New Poster

RDK-03087/device not connected

One day at random, the tv in my bedroom was no longer able to connect to the WiFi in my small apartment. The message “There was a problem connecting to your WiFi” popped up on my screen with the code: RDK-03087. I tried restarting my WiFi box multiple times, restarting my gateway via the XFINITY APP, but nothing has worked. I still have the message. Don’t know how to fix since all my other devices can connected to WiFi in my bedroom- just not the tv.
Official Employee

Re: RDK-03087/device not connected

Did you try rebooting your X1 device?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I have and nothing
New Poster

I have been having the same issue for months. The Xi5 does not work it is unreliable, constantly needs to be rebooted. However if I connect to Netflix or Amazon Prime to watch video there is never any cut out through x1 from the same box. Clearly it works when relying on WiFi only but the boxes can’t connect to Comcast cable. Any solutions ??
New Poster

This cable wifi box constantly drops the wifi connection.

Expert

@Bhopkins1950 wrote:

This cable wifi box constantly drops the wifi connection.

did the tech mention a problem (low signal) when the wifi set top box was installed? did you move the router or TV box farther from the router? did you put the set top box behind the TV or in a closet?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

The THC said the signal in the cable out of the wall was too weak, split too many times. So that’s why he gave me a cable box that operated off wifi router. But it keeps freezing and losing connection.  Do I need a new box?

Expert

@Bhopkins1950 wrote:

The THC said the signal in the cable out of the wall was too weak, split too many times. So that’s why he gave me a cable box that operated off wifi router. But it keeps freezing and losing connection.  Do I need a new box?

no but you do need an in-house Comcast employee repair person so they can fix the underlying issues. using a wifi box with bad connections is a sure way to continue to have problems. you can contact comcast directly to schedule the call. let me know if you would rather have a comcast employee contact you here on the forum.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I was speaking to a tech support person from Comcast today.  I will call again and ask that a tech come here and either replace the box or figure out what’s wrong.  Thanks so much for your help.  😁

Official Employee

That’s a code for weak Wi-Fi to the box. How far away are the 2 and are they out in the open?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

The cable box is situated 37 ft from the router which is out in the open.  Have no problem with wifi connection at 37 ftwith any other device.  In fact, people in the next condo can use the signal.

Official Employee

Try resetting modem, main box and Xi5 and see if it clears up. If not, have a tech out to troubleshoot further

New Poster

Not really

New Poster

My to is doing the samething
Silver Problem Solver

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/RDK-03087-Error-Daily/td-p/3134737

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!