Community Forum

RDK-03032 Error EVERY DAY

Regular Visitor

RDK-03032 Error EVERY DAY

Every evening my comcast box and internet blast goes down, its the same error of RDK 03032, I have to unplug everything and restart the box, and then by the time the morning comes around I must do it again in order to use my wi-fi. For paying $200 per month, I do not understand why I cannot just have cable that works. This is one of many problems I keep encountering with my boxes alog with my boxes updating constantly in the middle of something. Its increasingly frustrating and Im considering switching services to something cheaper and more reliable. 

Problem Solver

Re: RDK-03032 Error EVERY DAY


BodiRich wrote:

Every evening my comcast box and internet blast goes down, its the same error of RDK 03032, I have to unplug everything and restart the box, and then by the time the morning comes around I must do it again in order to use my wi-fi. For paying $200 per month, I do not understand why I cannot just have cable that works. This is one of many problems I keep encountering with my boxes alog with my boxes updating constantly in the middle of something. Its increasingly frustrating and Im considering switching services to something cheaper and more reliable. 


I see you have a couple of signal levels out of spec.  These can cause those daily problems you have described.

 

Let me know if you would like assistance in sending a tech out.


Brandon




Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: RDK-03032 Error EVERY DAY

I have the same problem with my boxes....on average, every other evening I need to go through the reset process. Several weeks back a tech came out As my signals were low also. He checked everything and said all was good inside the house but that it was the connection from the main box in the subdivision to the sub-box where the coax (cable) runs into my home. Someone was supposed to come take a look but apparently that hasn't happened as I'm still having problems.
Contributor

Re: RDK-03032 Error EVERY DAY

I get it too almost every night along with my internet freezing up off and on all the time.  $230 a month and my service is NEVER working right.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: RDK-03032 Error EVERY DAY


PSUGOLD wrote:

I get it too almost every night along with my internet freezing up off and on all the time.  $230 a month and my service is NEVER working right.


Take your complaint to Comcast.  There is nothing us users can do to help you.


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Gold Problem Solver

Re: RDK-03032 Error EVERY DAY

If you are having issues with your internet as well as cable TV that means there is something wrong with your entire connection to Comcast. Your issue is not just limited to cable TV. Your issue could be as simple as the "drop" which is the line that runs from the box in the street to the side of your house. You NEED to call in and set up a service visit.

Maybe you could have done that before you posted a complaint. FYI, issues like yours are discussed in this form on a daily if not hourly basis. Your issues are not unique to you and they are fixable.

Winkster you need to call in and get a trouble ticket number. Trouble tickets are the only thing Comcast keeps track of and you need to start one if you want something fixed.


PSUGOLD wrote:

I get it too almost every night along with my internet freezing up off and on all the time.  $230 a month and my service is NEVER working right.





New Poster

Re: RDK-03032 Error EVERY DAY

Thanks for the advice....no complaining on my end. I just happened to notice the original post and thought I could share a similar experience. I'm guessing I have a trouble ticket already but will call to verify.
Gold Problem Solver

Re: RDK-03032 Error EVERY DAY

Winkster if you have a problem in your neighborhood such as a "node" you may need to be persistant. Comcast knows. Their equipment will detect it. But that doesn't mean they are in any hury to fix it...


Winkster10 wrote:
Thanks for the advice....no complaining on my end. I just happened to notice the original post and thought I could share a similar experience. I'm guessing I have a trouble ticket already but will call to verify.




Official Employee

Re: RDK-03032 Error EVERY DAY

I have the same problem with my boxes....on average, every other evening I need to go through the reset process. Several weeks back a tech came out As my signals were low also. He checked everything and said all was good inside the house but that it was the connection from the main box in the subdivision to the sub-box where the coax (cable) runs into my home. Someone was supposed to come take a look but apparently that hasn't happened as I'm still having problems.
______________________

There's no open tickets for you. Your boxes and modem are just a little out of spec on the downstream. You have 8 pieces of equipment, do you have an amp at all?
New Poster

Re: RDK-03032 Error EVERY DAY

I don't think so...I have a PPC EVO1-9-U/U for all of the outputs....its powered but I don't think it has an amp built in
New Poster

Re: RDK-03032 Error EVERY DAY

Ok thanks RickGr4
Official Employee

Re: RDK-03032 Error EVERY DAY

I don't think so...I have a PPC EVO1-9-U/U for all of the outputs....its powered but I don't think it has an amp built in
_____________

That's an amp, it doesn't amplify anything just takes away any loss you would have with a splitter
Regular Visitor

Re: RDK-03032 Error EVERY DAY

Yes, I would like to have a technician come out, I have not had TV or internet from those boxes in over a week. Will i be charged for this tech to come out?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: RDK-03032 Error EVERY DAY

Bodirich,

Your last post was almost two weeks ago. I don't want to speak for the Comcast folks that hang out here but they go through a great deal of emails and posts. I suggest you call in and set up your own service visit. 877-896-8678.


BodiRich wrote:

Yes, I would like to have a technician come out, I have not had TV or internet from those boxes in over a week. Will i be charged for this tech to come out?


 

Problem Solver

Re: RDK-03032 Error EVERY DAY


BodiRich wrote:

Yes, I would like to have a technician come out, I have not had TV or internet from those boxes in over a week. Will i be charged for this tech to come out?


You have all services out?

 

I checked your boxes, looks like the satellite box was last watching a channel.  Your DVR box might have had an error code. Your modem is online too, returning pings at 46 ms--not bad.

 

What error codes or type of service issues are you having now?




Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: RDK-03032 Error EVERY DAY

 

I doubt if these are signal level issues, UNLESS the new x1 Platform requires a better signal and the installer says 

my signal is fine .

It's an X1 Platform design issue -might be a X1 cloud server resource issue since the compalints seem to be in the busy part of the evening .

If COMCAST fails to address this issue , call or write to your State Commerce Commission --in Illinois its 

www.icc.illinois.gov

 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: RDK-03032 Error EVERY DAY

It could be training. It could be scheduling pressure. It could be lack of having the right parts. But it would not be the first time an installer walked off of a job proclaiming the signal levels were fine when in fact they were not. It happened to me.

That being said, please post what your specific issues are and any error messages you are receiving. It's the only way we can help you.



phil10661 wrote:

 

I doubt if these are signal level issues, UNLESS the new x1 Platform requires a better signal and the installer says 

my signal is fine .

It's an X1 Platform design issue -might be a X1 cloud server resource issue since the compalints seem to be in the busy part of the evening .

If COMCAST fails to address this issue , call or write to your State Commerce Commission --in Illinois its 

www.icc.illinois.gov