Community Forum

RDK 03003

New Poster

RDK 03003

I couldn't find a still open thread on this topic, though it sounds like this error is still an issue for many customers.
So I was watching On Demand on tv 2, and it suddenly stopped/froze and started popping up the error code RDK 03003, and suggesting I disconnect and restart my modem and cable box.
So, instead I came here, and started researching the issue.
It sounds like the canned resolution is pretty much the same for everyone with this problem.
I was busy reading here, and within 10 minutes the tv automatically got the signal again, and I was able to continue my program, all without any actions from me.
So how is this a fault with my connections? Isn't this a problem originating with Xfinity ? Isnt there a fix of some sort in one of these daily updates I get?
If the problem fixes itself (well, Im sure it's fixed at the other end somehow) I guess I want to know why I am recommended to do all this unplugging and rebooting and so forth, if it is magically solved by something/someone other than me.
Though with all that having been said, I have had off and on problems with this TV2 box since I received it a few weeks ago.
I just feel that perhaps there is a permanent solution to be found within the wizardry of tech support, instead of these bandaids that only prolong the wound.
Official Employee
New Poster

Re: RDK 03003

We, too, experience the same issue on a daily basis. It generally begins with not being able to change the channel. Then, we go into the never ending cycle of re-booting, re-starting, un-plugging and plugging in; resetting the modem, etc. And, then, at some magical moment, it begons working again. The earlier response was that their was "a massive outage" on the 29th, but this has happeded everyday before the 29th and every day after the 29th. So, what gives? We pay way too much money for the "service" we get.

Silver Problem Solver

That is sometimes caused by a signal issue with the X1 backend and a tech visit is one suggestion.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Ditto. Had an occasional problem before the outage, but it is daily now.. Worked fine last night but can't connect this morning. It has to be them.
Expert

@LSC2 wrote:
Ditto. Had an occasional problem before the outage, but it is daily now.. Worked fine last night but can't connect this morning. It has to be them.

unhook your coax at the set top box and you will get 003003 (no signal).  how is your home wired? have a powered amp? if so, did you check the amp to see if the power LED is lighted?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).