Community Forum

Programing a remote thats not listed

New Poster

Programing a remote thats not listed

I recently purchased a 40" BOLVA TV from Brandsmart, and I have the Xfinity X1 platform, but I could not find a code that I can program the remote with. Does anyone have a solution on how to program my new TV.

20170115_094450.jpg
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Programing a remote thats not listed

There is a way to search for codes:

http://208.74.204.149/t5/X1/Remote-Control/m-p/2550616#M106675

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

To program your cable/satellite remote, follow the instructions provided by your provider
and use one of the codes below:

• The remote code for Comcast/Xfinity is 10030
    • The remote code for DirecTV is 10030
    • The remote code for AT&T (U-verse) is 1043
    • The remote code for Dish Network is 506
    • The remote code for RCA Universal remotes is 0030
Gold Problem Solver

Please clarify. Are you trying to program the TV's remote to control the cable box or are you trying to program an X1 remote to control your TV?

mace752 wrote:

I recently purchased a 40" BOLVA TV from Brandsmart, and I have the Xfinity X1 platform, but I could not find a code that I can program the remote with. Does anyone have a solution on how to program my new TV.

New Poster

10030 doesn't work
New Poster

10030 doesn't work
Silver Problem Solver

Pauljr00 wrote:
10030 doesn't work

https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes/

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Hold down setup until the X1 remote lights green then press 991 green light will blink then go off,.. while pointing the remote at the tv press the channel up button until the tv turns off. (Go slowly if you hit the channel up button again after the tv turns off that means you attempted another code.) After the tv turns off press the setup button again and the green light will blink and you'll be good to go. 😁
New Poster

thanks so much comtech6 this worked for my onn tv.
Frequent Visitor

How do I do this for a sound bar that does not work with the listed manufacturer codes on the X1 platform using the X1 remote. My sound bar is a Definitive Technologies W Studio ( not micro).
Official Employee

Follow the same instructions as above but use 992 instead. Not every sound bar is compatible.
New Poster

What if you have the new XR15 without a setup button. And the codes don't work
Official Employee

Press and hold A and D and then 991, then channel up
New Poster

I was able to get the remote to turn the tv off but not able to turn it back on. How do you set the remote after finding the code? I had to use the A&D and 991 option.
Silver Problem Solver

@Ss261 wrote:
I was able to get the remote to turn the tv off but not able to turn it back on. How do you set the remote after finding the code? I had to use the A&D and 991 option.

Did you try this?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes/

New Poster

Try 12746
Regular Visitor

This does not work for x15 remote no set up button
Expert

@captjill wrote:

press the A button on the remote. select remote setup and yes on the name of your TV shown. the screen will detect the remote if RF paired and shows directions: Press and hold the Xfinity and Mute buttons (together) for 5 seconds, when the remote's LED changes from red to green, input the number. 

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Silver Problem Solver

@captjill wrote:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-to-know-xr11-remote

Regular Visitor

No help
Regular Visitor

My TV is so old it's not on the list
Expert

@captjill wrote:
My TV is so old it's not on the list

is it a CRT (picture tube) TV or a projection TV? does it have an integrated DVR or VCR? usually those are not controllable by the Comcast remotes.

New Poster

Ok so I did the A&D and pressed 991 and that turned my tv off. My remote does not have a set up button. How do I turn it on?
New Poster

Did you ever figure out how to turn the tv back on? I am having the same issue after pressing a&d and 991
Official Employee

You’ll probably have to try a different code
New Poster

Hi Andrew,

I was able to get the tv to turn off after pressing a&d and pressing 991. The issue I am having is geting the tv turned back on since my remote does not have a set up button. Someone posted in the forum that after you get the tv turned off you have to press the set up button. My remote doesn’t have a set up button.
Official Employee

You can try pressing ok but it sounds more like you don’t have the right code
Expert

count your presses of the up channel button. don't hit the OK button for the code that did not work (use TV remote to turn TV back on). I would just cover the front end of the remote when getting to the code that did not work properly and the TV won't turn off for that code.