Community Forum

Program info unavailable

Regular Contributor

Program info unavailable

I am trying to set a recording on my X1 DVR for True Detective on HBO (Channel 300) on January 13. 

However, on  January 13, most of my premium channels: HBO, STARZ, Showtime, do not list  TV shows in the guide and instead say “program info unavailable.“.  The program info seems to come back some time on January 14. 

It’s been this way for three or four days now.    I have rebooted the box. 

Obviously can’t set up a recording.   What is going on, please? 

PS.  I have the same problem when I look at the guide on my iPad using  the Xfinity stream app 

Regular Contributor

Re: Program info unavailable

HBO is fine up until 7 PM  on January 13  when I start getting the message instead of the name of the TV show The full error message is, “information for this program isn’t available right now. Please try again later. ”

Regular Contributor

January 13. Programs go blank.

AA1200A5-3A65-4EF5-A421-53B18B95B804.png
Regular Contributor

On January 14. Programs come back again. 

In the meantime, I cannot record (or watch) True Detective on HBO on January 13. 

Or anything else on my premium channels

The guide information is gone for my premium channels from 7 PM on January 13 until 7 PM on January 14. 

F90A1936-5E93-4A73-9313-EBC95C17093B.png
Contributor

I have the same issue for January 13, 2019 on the X1 Guide. For many times it says Program Info Unavailable. If I go to the Xfinity website to look at the Guide, the program area is blank instead of saying Program Info Unavailable like it does on my X1.

Regular Contributor

Thank you!

Anyone from Comcast going to respond to this?
Contributor

Count me in, too. I discovered this anomaly because of True Detective as well. I noticed my upcoming recordings show True Detective S3, Ep3 recording on Sunday, January 20, but I saw no scheduled recordings for episodes 1 and 2. Did a little digging in the guide and found the same "Program Info Unavailable" for Janaury 13 in the evening on channel 801 (HBO HD).

Program info is available earlier in the day on Janaury 13, and resumes again on January 14. I tried a restart, system refresh, and unplugging the cable box. Nothing worked. So now I'm just waiting to see if it resolves itself.

Oddly enough, I can see S3, Ep1 and S3, Ep2 back-to-back on HBO 808, which is the Latin HD channel. So HBO is obviously showing episodes 1 and 2 in succession on January 13. I just can't see it on the English channel.

Contributor

Same for me. Plantation, Florida.

When you click HBO, go down and click "channel info," then scroll down to January 13th, it actually shows Wonder Woman at 4 pm over and over again (dozens of times). If you just go through the guide by clucking to the right I also get no program information for any shows after that time. But the duplicate Wonder Woman listing is a weird glitch.
Contributor

I contacted Xfinity Chat and gave them the forum url and asked someone to respond. They said they'd pass the info on the their dedicated team. Someone on Twitter posted the same issue and I posted the forum url there too. We'll see what happens. 

Contributor

This starts at 7:00pm on 01/13/19

IMG_1304.JPG
Contributor

@ComcastCares on Twitter should be helping us. I asked them to reply here. Hopefully they will. 

So far, I know it's folks in NJ, FL and MD that have this problem.

Contributor

I spent an hour on Twitter talking to someone at ComcastCares. We tried refreshing, etc., things myself and others had already done. 
I called Comcast, chatted with someone online and now ComcastCares on Twitter. Maybe if someone else tweets @ComcastCares we can get something done. I've done all I can at this point.  
The final responses:

ME:
Maybe someone could reply to the forum to let others know you're working on the problem. SOMEthing.

COMCAST CARES:
I completely understand what you mean. At this time, I've exhausted the troubleshooting that I can do from this end, but what I would like to do is submit a request to have this issue investigated further, especially since others are noticing it as well. Is there a contact number that I can add to the request so that someone can reach you if other details are needed? In regards to the forum, we do have certain agents that are designated to assist on that platform and there should be someone there to assist with an answer as soon as a resolution is able to be found. -LN

ME:
Please indicate in your escalation of the matter that it's many of us in different states with the same issue. All the photos, etc can be found on the forum if they need them. I assume it will be repaired in an UPDATE soon.  

COMCAST CARES:
Thanks for verifying your contact info and I've included all the necessary details from our conversation to help with resolving this issue with the guide programming. -LN

Contributor

Someone posted this issue is affecting NJ, FL, and MD. It's also a problem in CA.

I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Regular Contributor

You are correct.  The first time I'm able to see a new episode of True Detective on HBO is on January 20, and it is episode 3.  They must be showing episodes 1 and 2 back to back on January 13, which  makes the fact that we can't view HBO (or MAX or Showtime or STARZ) after 7 PM on January 13 even worse.

Regular Contributor

Thank you!

Comcast is weirdly absent from this thread.  Not important enough for them?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I live in New Jersey, Camden County.

Contributor

And it's more than just HBO, Starz, and Showtime. I notice "Program Info Unavailable" on:

Azteca America HD (719)

PBS HD (722 and 960)

ESPN HD (724 and 725)

NHL HD (728)

TBS HD (735)

TNT HD (737)

NBC Golf HD (749)

TLC HD (752)

Fox News HD (760)

Cartoon Network HD (766)

Destination America HD (771)

The Weather Channel HD (776)

Red Zone HD (775)

TCM HD (789)

Hallmark HD (794)

MGM HD (797)

Investigation Discovery HD (804)

BBC American HD (810)

Discovery Family HD (813)

OWN HD (820)

Epix HD (837)

Cinemax HD (838)

And the ENTIRE Music Choice channel lineup (901 - 950).

Your channel numbers may be different depending on your region. I only watch HD, so I have not looked into non-HD channels for these same networks.

Regular Contributor

Wow!

Not good.

Does the information come back around 7 PM on January 14 for those channels as well?
Contributor

Yes, between 7:00pm - 8:00pm on 01/14/19. It's about a 24 hour window, right now, that shows Program Info Unavailable for several channels. I gave the customer service rep a list last night. 

Contributor

Yes. Same time frame.

Regular Contributor

I wonder if the kind of box you have has anything to do with it. Does everyone who is having this issue have a DVR? I’d have to search for the model number. But here’s a picture of mine.
8A2E9F18-A165-4C22-83A1-AC871E68C4E1.jpeg
Contributor

No, I have one of the newer X1 boxes with no buttons on the front at all. 

Arris XG1v4 / Model Number: AX014ANM

Arris_AX014ANC_Front.png
Contributor

I have the same Arrix X1 DVR model as JodieNJ. I don't know the firmware number right now because I'm at work. 

Regular Contributor

That's good to know.  It's affectng more than one model.

Frequent Visitor

Mine is the same.  I'm looking for Hallmark Movie Channel Sunday Jan. 13 at 9:00.

I live in PA

Contributor

I just got an update, about 4:00 am and it seems to have corrrected the problem. I still saw about 2 or 3 Program Info Unavailables, but not very many. I now see True Detective on HBO, which many folks talked about, and I saw the Hallmark Movie at 9:00 pm that @boomer160 was looking for on 01/13/19.

It appears the problem may be fixed...for now. 

Regular Contributor

I just checked and see that HBO and the premium channels around it are back for January 13 as well.  I was (finally) able to set True Detective to be recorded.

Hopefully, this is a one-off problem.

Thank you for the info!