Community Forum

Program XR2 v3 remote for 30 second jump

New Poster

Program XR2 v3 remote for 30 second jump

I've got a new XR2 v3 remote and I would like to program the 30 second jump.

The EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030 does NOT seem to work.  It does NOT reset my Page Up key to a 30 second jump   :-(

Does anyone have an answer for the Version 3 of the XR2?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Program XR2 v3 remote for 30 second jump

First of all, stop at a Comcast location and have them GIVE you an XR5 or XR11. They better remotes than the XR2.

Secondly, the EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030 process DOES work. You are reprogramming the box not the remote so you need to point the remote at the box. Also, you need to press the buttons quickly but deliberately.

marwaite1 wrote:

The EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030 does NOT seem to work.  It does NOT reset my Page Up key to a 30 second jump   :-(

New Poster

There must be some special trick  :-(

I'm pointing at the TV and box.  I quickly but firmly hit exit 3x and then 0030

The PgUp button is still a 5 minute jump.

Any other tips?

Gold Problem Solver

Try hitting the OK button after you press 0030.

FYI, I am sorry to tell you this but if this process did not work, this forum would light up like an X-Mas tree. So obviously this process does work. If you can't make this work then something is unique to you or what you are doing.

Have you set up "Aim Anywhere" on the remote yet??? Please read this: http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/remote-program-the-xr2-or-xr5-to-aim-anywhere/

marwaite1 wrote:

Any other tips?

ue  Idf you can't make it work then something is uniqmarwaite1 wrote:

Any other tips?

Frequent Visitor

>I am sorry to tell you this but if this process did not work, this forum would light up like an X-Mas tree

Prepare for this forum to light up like a christmas tree.

It does not work for me either. I suspect this :

1) I have a non Xfinity box. Just the old, regular DVR which used to have a silver remote (and the codes for that were fine)

2) My remote died, got replaced with the XR2 v3-U

3) Codes all over the intarwebs don't work.

I suspect since this is 'programming the box' and my box isn't an Xfinity one this now fails...

I understand I could probably go back and request the old silver remote.. and failing anyone coming up with something fabulous.. this is what I'll do.

Gold Problem Solver

This process is for X1 boxes only....

As stated earlier, pressing EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030 is not changing anything on the remote. It is changing a setting within the box itself.

If you need more information on this, simply do a Google search on "Comcast 30 second skip". You will find information for both X1 boxes and legacy boxes including YouTube videos.

marwaite1 wrote:

Frequent Visitor

Understood, but also understand that comcast rep's are handing out these remotes to people with 'legacy' boxes. The X1 codes posted as 'for this remote' don't work on the legacy boxes and the legacy codes don't work on this remote.

Pair the two up and you have a bunch of frustrated people...

if I so a 'simple' google search on 'Comcast 30 second skip' I find all kinds of voluminous information (which actually led me here after a couple of days fruitless attempts). Some are for silver remotes (which I used many years ago and have been sailing along with fine) and some are for.. various incarnations of X1 remotes.

Again. :

This XR2 remote, paired with a 'legacy DVR' does not accept the codes posted.

The silver remote codes which work with the legacy boxes do not work with this remote.

Silver Problem Solver

I didn't  realize Comcast was giving our XR2 remotes for the legacy boxes.  I had them and I only ever used the silver remotes.

Are you askimg for XR2 remote codes for the legacy boxes?  If so, you should be posting in another forum.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

>Are you askimg for XR2 remote codes for the legacy boxes?

Not really. I landed here because I googled for 'XR2 v3 remote for 30 second jump'

And saw the parent said : It doesn't work. And the response 'It works..' whereupon I jumped in with 'No it doesn't'. Highlighting a situation in which it.. doesn't.

I figure my easiest and quickest solution is to simply return this remote ( I had queried the compatability when the rep handed it to me and was told 'these are the ones we're handing out now' ) and buy a silver one off the intarwebs.

Gold Problem Solver

Sorry Mr Lawrence. This is an X1 box forum and I have always found this information to be both easy to find and easy to understand.

If Comcast handed you an incorrect remote, your concerns might better served in the customer service forum...
New Poster

I had the same problem ie: exit x 3 0030 not working. What seems to have worked for me was to first do the reset (exit exit exit 0500) then do exit exit exit 0030. YMMV
New Poster

Yeah doesn't work, period. So this isn't blowing up. Just because it works for one is not a garuntee it works for all. If that's the case wouldn't it depend on the box and not the remote?
New Poster

This was working for me until just a few minutes ago.  It reverted back to 5 minutes an won't let me reset.

New Poster

My X1 Box seems to have updated last night (091616).  I found this morning that I was missing my previously programmed 30 sec skip forward. Let me share with you what worked for me.....I tried the old directions found via a Google Search of "EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030 ENTER" and it did not work.  Let me show you what worked for me.
Do a RESET by fairly quickly pushing the following buttons with no pauses:   EXIT EXIT EXIT 0500 OK
The channel will change to 500.  Not sure what I did....but I was also asked if I wanted to record what was on Chan 500.  I pushed OKAY to that too.  Then, I waited a few seconds and pushed EXIT just to make sure I was clear and back to LIVE on Chan 500.
After about 30 seconds....I pushed the following buttons...once again quickly with no pauses:  EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030 OK.
I then went to a recording and started playing it.   IT WORKED !!!  I now have back my 30 second skip forward and 15 second skip back....just as before last night's X1 update.
Hope this helps other folks out there.
BTW.....what xFinity X1 customers REALLY WANT is a FOUR MINUTE skip forward and a 15 second skip back.   If anybody figures out how to do that....ENQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW !!!! .....Cheers !

Silver Problem Solver

LarryAsilva wrote:

BTW.....what xFinity X1 customers REALLY WANT is a FOUR MINUTE skip forward and a 15 second skip back.   If anybody figures out how to do that....ENQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW !!!! .....Cheers !

I've never tried it, but the Harmony universal remotes may be able to do that.  

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Gold Problem Solver

Robert,

No a Harmony remote cannot do that because Comcast does not have an IR code (that we are aware of).

Harmony remotes can do many great things but they cannot create IR commands that were never provided by the original manufacturer.

RobertWy wrote:

LarryAsilva wrote:

I've never tried it, but the Harmony universal remotes may be able to do that.  

New Poster

I HAD THE SAME ISSUE!!!! I called they were worth nothing. So I reset my box unplugged the box for 30 seconds reset it and the when back on I did EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030 OK. IT WORKED!!!!!!!!
Regular Visitor

I had the same issue, did the 0500 reset, then the 0030 and it worked.
New Poster

Thanks user who suggested setting the 5 min skip first, then immediately set the 0030 skip, worked for me. Thank you. I miss my hopper 3..
Frequent Visitor

first do this: EXIT EXIT EXIT 0500 

then do this: EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030

Frequent Visitor

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

My xfinity box got updated and I lost the 30 second skip. I tried over a dozen times to reprogram with exit 3 times then 0030 and it would not take. Then I saw your post, tried exit x 3 then 0500 then reset to the 30 and voila.

Many blessings to you!
New Poster

If you unplug (reboot) your receiver, the 30 second skip will come back.

Official Employee

3 year old thread closed

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Hey guys....
This 30 second jump thing comes back to me every...I dunno...maybe six months or so when one of the overnight upgrades somehow brings back the 5 minute forward skip.   Maybe like you....I have pulled out my hair trying to remember how to reprogram the thing to get back to the 30 second forward skip.   Tonight....I had to figure it out again.  This is what worked for me.
1) Turn the power off on your DVR so that it reboots.
2) After it reboots and a TV show appears on the screen....
3) Point the remote directly at the face of the DVR and....just as in the above comments...push EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030.
I did not push enter.  I simply went to a recording on the DVR and sure enough...confirmed that I did indeed have my 30 second forward skip back !
Best of luck.