Community Forum

Problems with Bose Solo staying paired

Highlighted
Contributor

Problems with Bose Solo staying paired

I have a Bose Solo sound system, the original Solo. All was working well with the old X1 remote then the remote had button problems. The Solo still wasn't paired fully with that old remote. I turned in the old remote for a new XR15 remote. Brought it  home and paired the Bose Solo to it very easily. Rolling merrily along until about a week later I turned on the TV with the new remote and the Solo didn't come on. I couldn't even turn it on with the Bose remote. I had to reboot the Comcast DVR for it to be able to work again. I did that by unplugging everything, then plugging back in and then the Bose worked fine.  This has been going on for weeks.  Someone said maybe any update that Comcast pushes through, knocks the Bose out of the pairing.  Have to reboot again and start over. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? It is becoming very annoying.

Expert

Re: Problems with Bose Solo staying paired

The fact that you couldn't even use its own remote to turn it on sounds like a hardware defect of some kind. Besides, the Solo uses an Optical or analog audio connector to the source, so it's highly unlikely an update on the DVR would affect it. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!