Community Forum

Power saver mode not working.

Contributor

Power saver mode not working.

These past two weeks my x1dvr 4K box won’t automatically go into power saver mode it just stays on. I have to manually go in and power the box down which is annoying. Anyone else having issues?
Contributor

Re: DVR recordings in the cloud Skipping stop/starting

Have you heard any issues of the power saver not working? My DvR won’t shut off or go into standby mode on its own

Expert

Re: DVR recordings in the cloud Skipping stop/starting

I moved your cross post into your other thread. The guidelines point out to not cross-post especially to a topic unrelated to your post.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: Power saver mode not working.

@Rustyben  

@ComcastJK 

Please help me find a fix or tell me when the next software and firmware updates are coming out. 

Expert

@Steve0916 wrote:

@Rustyben  

@ComcastJK 

Please help me find a fix or tell me when the next software and firmware updates are coming out. 

the units are already very efficient (energy star). they never turn 'off' they are always 'on' and consume very small amount of electricity. the powersave turns off the front LEDs (lights) and shuts down the HDMI port. the savings on the X1 DVR is less than $1/year if left in powersave mode 24/7/365. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

@Rustyben I know the box never shuts off. But my light is always on and never gos into power saver mode that’s  my issue. It use to work where the box would automatically go into power saver mode and the light would go off in front of the DvR. It hasn’t been doing that and it just stays on it’s been like that for two weeks. That’s why I was assuming sometime of update put it out of wack. 

Silver Problem Solver

@Steve0916 wrote:

@Rustyben I know the box never shuts off. But my light is always on and never gos into power saver mode that’s  my issue. It use to work where the box would automatically go into power saver mode and the light would go off in front of the DvR. It hasn’t been doing that and it just stays on it’s been like that for two weeks. That’s why I was assuming sometime of update put it out of wack. 

FYI:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-power-save-faqs

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

I know how it works but mine is not automatically putting itself in power saver mode. The light is always on. Before when I shut my tv off after time the box would go into power saver mode and the light would turn off. It’s not doing that anymore. I’ve had x1 for the past 6 years I know what’s normal and what’s not.
Silver Problem Solver

@Steve0916 wrote:
I know how it works but mine is not automatically putting itself in power saver mode. The light is always on. Before when I shut my tv off after time the box would go into power saver mode and the light would turn off. It’s not doing that anymore. I’ve had x1 for the past 6 years I know what’s normal and what’s not.

"Should I turn my X1 TV Box off when I am done watching TV?
Yes - power savings depend to a large degree on how much time the device is powered down. To maximize your savings, always power down your TV Box when you are done watching TV. You can do this simply by saying "power down" into your X1 Voice Remote. Alternatively, you can get your TV Box to automatically power down when it's not in use. For details, see the How do I turn on Power Saver? section above."

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Contributor

You’re not understanding! The box should automatically go into power saver mode after time. Mine doesn’t do it at all. Even if I go days without turning the tv on. It USE to do it that’s what I’m trying to say. I know how to manually put it into power saver mode. That’s not my issue.
Silver Problem Solver

@Steve0916 wrote:
You’re not understanding! The box should automatically go into power saver mode after time. Mine doesn’t do it at all. Even if I go days without turning the tv on. It USE to do it that’s what I’m trying to say. I know how to manually put it into power saver mode. That’s not my issue.

I have one UHD DVR, two X1 DVR's and one XG2 satellite box.  None of them turn off; they all stay lit 24/7.

Contributor

If they always stay lit then it’s not in power saver mode. I know the box stays on 24/7. But when the power box go’s into power saver mode the light in front of the box turns off.
Expert

It seems you do not wish to believe anyone's reply.

If you want to save that dollar a year, just unplug the box each night before going to bed.

Plug it back in in the morning first thing. By the time  you are shaved and ready for the day,  the box will be reset, updated, and ready to go when the tv is turned on.  Some boxes have been prone to mess up doing the regular nightly updates causing problems the next morning.