Community Forum

Power on/off tv and box

New Poster

Power on/off tv and box

When pressing the power button on the XR15 remote both the tv and the cable box power on. When pressing the power button to power both of them off, only the tv powers off. How do I get both tv and box to power off at the same time using the power button?

Expert

Re: Power on/off tv and box

@Ladydy06 wrote:

When pressing the power button on the XR15 remote both the tv and the cable box power on. When pressing the power button to power both of them off, only the tv powers off. How do I get both tv and box to power off at the same time using the power button?

x1 set top boxes do not 'turn off' although you can set to power save mode but not using the power button on the remote. The energy savings on a DVR (maximum savings) is about $1.00 per year if you leave the DVR in power save mode 24/7/365. they are energy star or better in energy use and the newest DVR even removed the clock and all fans and has a no moving parts hard drive.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thank you. We do not have a DVR just the cable box. It does seem to get warm when in use. We have not had it long enough to know if it get warm when not in use or in the power save mode. Does the power save mode actually power the box off after a certain amount of time?

Expert

@Ladydy06 wrote:

Thank you. We do not have a DVR just the cable box. It does seem to get warm when in use. We have not had it long enough to know if it get warm when not in use or in the power save mode. Does the power save mode actually power the box off after a certain amount of time?

no, since it has to be able to be on enough to respond to remote presses. what is your model number? (voice command 'about' and reply with rest of line to right of "STB Version"?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Are you asking about the box or the remote? The remote is XR15. Where would I find the box model?

Expert

@Ladydy06 wrote:

Are you asking about the box or the remote? The remote is XR15. Where would I find the box model?

use the voice command 'about'. when the screen appears, reply with the rest of the line to the right of "STB version".

New Poster

PX022AN_3.7p2s1_PROD_sey

Silver Problem Solver

@Ladydy06 wrote:

PX022AN_3.7p2s1_PROD_sey

See if this has the information you need:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-to-know-xr11-remote

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Thank you for your response. I believe we've got it sorted out. Have a good day!