Community Forum

Power button blinks red every time you hit a button on XR2 remote

New Poster

Power button blinks red every time you hit a button on XR2 remote

I replaced the batteries in my XR2 remote and I had a hard time getting it to work afterwards, I did the setup a few times and got it working again but every time you press a button now the power button blinks red several times...What do I do to fix this???

Problem Solver

Re: Power button blinks red every time you hit a button on XR2 remote

Multiple blinking usually indicates a "low battery" condition.  Are you sure you used fresh new batteries? I have a drawer full of old ones myself and often forget to check the date.

Gold Problem Solver

Bob is right. Sounds like bad batts. I have encountered brand new AA batts that were bad.

Just sayin.

New Poster

Our XR2 remote power button blinks red every time any button is pushed. We thought that it was supposed to do that, since we haven't had any problems.  Guess will check our batts and see.

Problem Solver

A single blink with each button press is normal; it's a visual "queue" that you pressed the button.  The OP was talking about when the light blinks multiple times with each button press, which we think is a single that the batteries need to be changed.

BTW, my XR2 remote blinks in green, not red, but I believe that's becasue I have "paired" the remote to the DVR box. In addition to getting RF control, pairing the remote lets you check the battery life on the X1 "Setup" screen (the "gear" icon).