Community Forum

Power Preferces ... what is up

Regular Contributor

Power Preferces ... what is up

what's going on

Regular Contributor

Re: Power Preferces ... what is up

Prefer ... Power Preferences .. what's going on?

Expert

@lryranger1 wrote:

Prefer ... Power Preferences .. what's going on?

someone probably can assist but will need some complete sentences outlining the problem/question

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

Power Prefences .. you guys are terrible ...

option .. are gone ..for hour-increments ...

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Power Prefences .. you guys are terrible ...

Does your X1 box Settings look like this?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-power-preferences

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

With the latest software update 86.0.2 on May 3,  power preferences options have been eliminated. SMH
No more option to choose to power down after 4 hours or even 1 hour for that matter.
Instead we have a stupid graphic showing how many kWh per year our potential savings is,  saying how many loads of laundry or cups of coffee brewed or microwaved meals. Who cares!
Anyone know what the power preference is preset at after the update??

Silver Problem Solver

@xtcnafive0 wrote:

With the latest software update 86.0.2 on May 3,  power preferences options have been eliminated. SMH
No more option to choose to power down after 4 hours or even 1 hour for that matter.
Instead we have a stupid graphic showing how many kWh per year our potential savings is,  saying how many loads of laundry or cups of coffee brewed or microwaved meals. Who cares!
Anyone know what the power preference is preset at after the update??

I found this:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-power-preferences

"Note: Effective November 17, 2017, new X1 TV Box installations will default to Power Saver "On", to start after four hours."

Regular Contributor

I found a way to get to the selections again for the previous hour selections 1, 2, 4 hours etc. An update a few weeks ago occurred to my boxes (apparently May 3 according to some posts). I wish we could get an email or some notification when such changes are going to kick-in. I can get to an 'Update Power Saver' on each of my boxes now. I am going to close this thread out..... Thanks

Valued Contributor

Can you provide what the update version is that you have on your boxes please?   In my area we still are not able to get the old settings that were customer selectable.   I agree with you about comcasts lack of communication about changes.  this most recent one with the power down preferences real is a bummer..