Community Forum

Power Adapter?

Regular Contributor

Power Adapter?

I have a media case that has a Comcast Power Adapater in it that says:

Comcast Approved Power Supply EPS-3 Compatible with XG1v1 // XG1v3 // XG2v2.

I just swapped a Pace XG1v3 box for a Arris XG1v3 box.

I would assume this power adapter can be used for all variants of the XG1v3 as the label does not specify ARRIS OR PACE. 

The one they gave me with the new Arris XG1v3 box says it is model EPS-3, but it does not have the Comcast logo on it. Same plug as the other EPS-3, just slightly different design on the block part. 

The adapter is cable routed through the media case so I don't want to swap the adapter if I do not need to.

Expert

Re: Power Adapter?

wrote:

I have a media case that has a Comcast Power Adapater in it that says:

Comcast Approved Power Supply EPS-3 Compatible with XG1v1 // XG1v3 // XG2v2.

I just swapped a Pace XG1v3 box for a Arris XG1v3 box.

I would assume this power adapter can be used for all variants of the XG1v3 as the label does not specify ARRIS OR PACE. 

The one they gave me with the new Arris XG1v3 box says it is model EPS-3, but it does not have the Comcast logo on it. Same plug as the other EPS-3, just slightly different design on the block part. 

The adapter is cable routed through the media case so I don't want to swap the adapter if I do not need to.

do you mean you have a rack mounted DVR? I don't see a problem stated nor a question asked in your post.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Contributor

Can I use a power adapter from a Pace XG1v3 labeled "Comcast Approved Power Supply EPS-3 Compatible with XG1v1 // XG1v3 // XG2v2" with the Arris XG1v3?

The power adapter label does not specify PACE or ARRIS XG1v3.  I assume they are interchangeable?

Official Employee

Pace and Arris power supplies are totally different and not interchangeable(they don’t fit). One way to tell them apart, Pace has a blue tip, Arris is red.
Regular Contributor

The XG1v3 Pace and the XG1v3 Arris both came with the exact same tip power adapter. The power specs on the adapters are the same as well. The design of the plastic power block is slightly different, but they both have the same model # EPS-3. 

I did use the Comcast branded adapter on the Arris box and it worked fine. It does say on the block compatible with XG1v3. Since the tip was the same and so was the model of EPS-3 I used it.

Comcast Andrew, I have never seen a blue tip adapter for even my old Arris XG1v1. It came with an adapter similar to the one I described above, model EPS-3. 

Image of the Comcast branded adapter attached. 

IMG_20180208_193340.jpg
Official Employee

I’ve only seen/heard of those 2. If it powers up I wouldn’t worry about it