Community Forum

Pixels interrupting TV viewing

Contributor

Pixels interrupting TV viewing

For some reason my television viewing is constantly being interrupted with the video pixelating. This is not just happening to me. It's also happening to my mother who is not in the same location at the same time I am experiencing it. So, unplugging and checking connections is not the problem when it's happening at the same time in locations miles apart. What is going on and when will it be fixed?

Thank you.

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Pixels interrupting TV viewing

Have a tech out at both locations. Not only to troubleshoot but to upgrade your boxes.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Contributor

I should have added that I have a box and converters. My mother only uses a converter. So, again, it's not connections.

Thank you.

New Poster

I am experiencing the same issues.  I've had a tech here once to rearrange the distribution of cables in my home.  This seemed to work for awhile and then it appeared again.  After that I called in to a tech and eventually she suggested that I replace the cable from the X1 box to the wall.  This also helped for awhile.  Today, super bowl Sunday I'm having pixelation on the Animal Planet channel and several others.  However, when I view the channels with the Xfinity Stream app on the Roku I have no issues.  I will be signing up today for the Youtube TV free trial to insure I can watch the game, but would prefer to view via the X1 box.  Any suggestions what I should do next?  BTW, I reside in Southern NH.

Silver Problem Solver

wrote:

I am experiencing the same issues.  I've had a tech here once to rearrange the distribution of cables in my home.  This seemed to work for awhile and then it appeared again.  After that I called in to a tech and eventually she suggested that I replace the cable from the X1 box to the wall.  This also helped for awhile.  Today, super bowl Sunday I'm having pixelation on the Animal Planet channel and several others.  However, when I view the channels with the Xfinity Stream app on the Roku I have no issues.  I will be signing up today for the Youtube TV free trial to insure I can watch the game, but would prefer to view via the X1 box.  Any suggestions what I should do next?  BTW, I reside in Southern NH.

I live close enough to m Xfinity Stire that I would consider doing a free swap of the box (no need to return anthing else).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

No, I never received an actual 'fix' for this problem. It's a sporadic issue that occurs at 2 different locations at the same time miles apart and different equipment in use. It is not an equipment problem. It is a reception/signal issue. 

It has stopped doing it for now. But, expect it to happen again at any time.

wrote:
Have a tech out at both locations. Not only to troubleshoot but to upgrade your boxes.

New Poster

I have the same problem on all my tvs. It doesn't matter ehat channel. It happens on live shows if altered in any way in e.g. pause and then fast forward or rewind. It happens also on recordings. Ive had all my lines replaced inside and outside the home and all new equipment. I owned my own modem so i went in to pickup comcast modem and got the same pixeling. The manager im working with via comcast is stumped. .he is trying to help resolve but stumped. Ive called best buy geek squad, my modem company -Arris and to no avail.
Diamond Problem Solver

Pixels are tv related and doesn’t have anything to do with your modem. If you’re in contact with a local supervisor, they’ll have to keep having a tech out until it’s fixed.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi there. Thank you guys for posting. For any of you continuing to have this problem with several channels, please send me a private message with your name and I can get a technician scheduled for you. If the technician comes out and determines that the issue is caused by equipment/outside factors beyond your premise and within our control, we do have a process for working through that. The benefit of me scheduling that for you here is that I will be following up with you along the way, all the way through until we reach a solution to the problem.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!