Community Forum

Pixelating

New Poster

Pixelating

Several channels are pixelating so bad they can’t be watched. Called Comcast and was told that since they sent me a new cable box to change out the dvr box I had since I didn’t want dvr, that I had done a self install and it would cost me 60.00 for a service tech to come out! Seriously? I have to pay to get a tech to service equipment I rent from them? I’m already paying for something I can’t fully enjoy! Help
Expert

Re: Pixelating

@LWilson295 wrote:
Several channels are pixelating so bad they can’t be watched. Called Comcast and was told that since they sent me a new cable box to change out the dvr box I had since I didn’t want dvr, that I had done a self install and it would cost me 60.00 for a service tech to come out! Seriously? I have to pay to get a tech to service equipment I rent from them? I’m already paying for something I can’t fully enjoy! Help

do you have multiple x1 set top boxes in your home? do they all have the same low signal high noise pixellation?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Re: Pixelating

@LWilson295 wrote:

Since you did a self install, can you give any details on how the cables are ran? Splitter, amps, etc