Community Forum

Pixelated Image on Some Channels

New Poster

Pixelated Image on Some Channels

Been dealing with this for a few weeks. Some channels (mostly sports channels it seems) will occasionally go through periods where the images freezes/sputters every few seconds/minutes and the screen becomes heavily pixelated. I tried adjusting the cable and restarting the box. But it still happens. I was just chatting with a rep via chat who apparently "refreshed" my system but nothing changed.  The rep/chat stops replying and now I can't seem to open a new chat. So I am posting the issue here in hopes that others have had similar issues and can help.

Official Employee

Re: Pixelated Image on Some Channels

You probably should have a tech out, if it’s a signal related problem, refreshing and restarting isn’t the solution. Let us know if you need assistance scheduling one.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello, DukeD1989. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear you're having issues with your TV service. That's certainly frustrating. I would like to look into this for you. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I had the same problems with my X1 service. I did a lot of research and figured out it had something to do with the incoming signal as I had that problem on all TV's. I looked at the incoming line and the old "drop amp" I had on there since 1990's. That was my problem, the amplifier was fine for analog TV but when I went to X1 is when I had the problems. So I bought a new drop amp, one that allows for signals both to and from X1 and one that works with digital video signals. The one I bought was a PCT 8 Port Bi-Directional TV Cable Splitter Signal Booster/Amplifier with Active Return Zero Loss and VoIP Telephone Bypass. I removed the old amplifier and 1 splitter, installed this one 4 days ago and have not had any problems since. Before I was having problems randomly but constantly every day.  They sell those in 1 port, 2, 4 and the 8 port. I also installed 75 ohm terminators on any unused ports. No more pixelation no more box rebooting and problems connecting to the X1 service messages. Not sure if Comcast would have charged me for a new drop amp or rental charge because the old one was fine I just needed a newer version amp but the total cost to me was $56.

Official Employee

They don’t charge for amps, you have to be careful that amps aren’t also increasing your upstream and able to pass moca if needed. Or what if it’s the drop up to the house and you don’t need an amp

Official Employee

Hello, DukeD1989. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.