Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Pixel scrambling

New Poster

Pixel scrambling

I have had Xfinity X1 for a year now and from time to time different channels will be messed up, like Bravo, TBS, HBO, last night it was ABC sometimes messed up to the point I can't watch it.  I will describe the problem......it is like when I had Salelite TV and a storm was coming in, the channel will scramble, a guy at work told me that the pixels were scrambling.  I have unplug each box from the wall and each TV from the wall and the channels still do it.  Anyone know what I need to do to fix that........could it be my Box?  I know it is not the TV because if the channel is messing up I will check that channel on other TV's in the house and it is the same.  Getting very frustrated with this, ruins show I want to watch!!!

Thank you for any help!

Accepted Solutions
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Pixel scrambling

Audio and video problems mean when the signal for the channel you are trying to watch is too weak or has too much noise, most likely due to a poor connection between the cable box and Comcast's network.

Troubleshoot by checking all connectors for corrosion and tightness, and by looking for damaged coax cable. Running the cable through a surge protector, a defective splitter, or too many splitters can cause signal problems as well. If there is an amplifier in the line make sure it's getting power.

If you can't find the problem, call them at the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast, or chat with them using the TV Support option at https://support.xfinity.com/chat. Ask them to check the account setup and send a refresh signal to the box. If they can't fix the problem remotely, insist they send a tech out to identify the cause and correct it.

If the tech finds bad coax, splitters, amplifiers, or connections in your home (even if Comcast originally supplied them) you'll probably have to pay for the visit unless you have or sign up for their Service Protection Plan (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/service-protection-plan, about $6/mo) and keep it for at least 60 days. If the trouble is due to a faulty Comcast cable box/DVR/digital adapter or anything outside your home, you shouldn't be charged.

For additional information please see Pixelation, video and audio dropouts, One Moment Please S0a00 messages.

All Replies
Expert

@vtrvrgal wrote:

I have had Xfinity X1 for a year now and from time to time different channels will be messed up, like Bravo, TBS, HBO, last night it was ABC sometimes messed up to the point I can't watch it.  I will describe the problem......it is like when I had Salelite TV and a storm was coming in, the channel will scramble, a guy at work told me that the pixels were scrambling.  I have unplug each box from the wall and each TV from the wall and the channels still do it.  Anyone know what I need to do to fix that........could it be my Box?  I know it is not the TV because if the channel is messing up I will check that channel on other TV's in the house and it is the same.  Getting very frustrated with this, ruins show I want to watch!!!

Thank you for any help!

I can only offer a guess:  It sounds like you have signal issues from your TV to someplace back to the "plant".  It sounds like you need a tech visit.

Gold Problem Solver

Audio and video problems mean when the signal for the channel you are trying to watch is too weak or has too much noise, most likely due to a poor connection between the cable box and Comcast's network.

Troubleshoot by checking all connectors for corrosion and tightness, and by looking for damaged coax cable. Running the cable through a surge protector, a defective splitter, or too many splitters can cause signal problems as well. If there is an amplifier in the line make sure it's getting power.

If you can't find the problem, call them at the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast, or chat with them using the TV Support option at https://support.xfinity.com/chat. Ask them to check the account setup and send a refresh signal to the box. If they can't fix the problem remotely, insist they send a tech out to identify the cause and correct it.

If the tech finds bad coax, splitters, amplifiers, or connections in your home (even if Comcast originally supplied them) you'll probably have to pay for the visit unless you have or sign up for their Service Protection Plan (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/service-protection-plan, about $6/mo) and keep it for at least 60 days. If the trouble is due to a faulty Comcast cable box/DVR/digital adapter or anything outside your home, you shouldn't be charged.

For additional information please see Pixelation, video and audio dropouts, One Moment Please S0a00 messages.

New Poster

Thank you BruceW I will probably get them on the phone because I did a chat with them before and they sent a refresh code and had me unplug all my devices and it worked for about an hour and went back to the way it was.    Thank you again! 

Official Employee

Hi vtrvrgal, I can help review signals on my side for you.   Please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number). 

Thank you