Community Forum

Picture is blurry - Samsung UN65NU8000

New Poster

Picture is blurry - Samsung UN65NU8000

The picture is blurry specially when watching sports like NFL around scorecard  on my new SAMSUNG 65NU8000 4K TV.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Expert

Re: Picture is blurry - Samsung UN65NU8000

@raajiv5 wrote:

The picture is blurry specially when watching sports like NFL around scorecard  on my new SAMSUNG 65NU8000 4K TV.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

what network (abc/nbc/cbs etc)? what is the ouput setting for video in the set top box menu? what is the model number of your set top box (use voice 'about' and reply with the text after STB version)?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

The resolution is set to 1080 p ( Best Available) and the channel is FOX HD 803. Other channels NBC,CBS also have issues but not as blurry as FOX HD.

STB Version : PX013AN_3.2P10s1_prod_sey

Expert

@raajiv5 wrote:

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

I have seen the same thing. I believe you are talking about the overlay showing timeouts, downs, etc. The problem only shows up on CBS, or NBC, games. These channels use 1080i output of signals. The only Comcast equipment I have is the Cisco RNG150N (HD cable-box).

The problem is in the way Comcast equipment handles the 1080 Interlase signal MPEG 2 currently in their boxes set up for using MPEG 4 with a maximum of 720p. You end up with that overlay looking like it is fuzzy and flickering dots in background around print.

When it shows up I switch my Samsung 3D UHD television over to my antenna for an over the air signal from my local network station. I get a perfect picture then. You will never see the problem on a 720p channel like FOX, or any of the strictly cable channels (all in 720p on Comcast).

I don't expect a fix for this problem until Comcast can output a 1080P signal over linear cable with a newer cable-box. The Networks that are now 1080i would need to send a 1080p feed over satellite to cable providers.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

@raajiv5 wrote:

The resolution is set to 1080 p ( Best Available) and the channel is FOX HD 803. Other channels NBC,CBS also have issues but not as blurry as FOX HD.

STB Version : PX013AN_3.2P10s1_prod_sey

NBC is interlaced (1080i) while Fox is 720p. put the box in 720p60 mode and try the same channels. in no case should the set top box be set to 1080i.