Community Forum

Picture Jitters with new 4k TV and 4k X1 Box unless video output resolution is reduced to 1080p

New Poster

Picture Jitters with new 4k TV and 4k X1 Box unless video output resolution is reduced to 1080p

The picture jitters and pops off for a fraction of a second when I try watching at 2160p 4K.  This happens on HD programming and 4k Netflix programming while watching TV through the X1 Xfinity 4k box.

Interestingly, if I watch 4k programming on Amazon Prime and Netflix apps through my LG 4K TV at 2160p 4K, the picture is awesome with no technical issues. 

The Comcast tech suggested 4k cables.  What I've read leads be to believe that the cable isn't the issue.

Thoughts?

Expert

Re: Picture Jitters with new 4k TV and 4k X1 Box unless video output resolution is reduced to 1080p

@RobEDee1 wrote:

The picture jitters and pops off for a fraction of a second when I try watching at 2160p 4K.  This happens on HD programming and 4k Netflix programming while watching TV through the X1 Xfinity 4k box.

Interestingly, if I watch 4k programming on Amazon Prime and Netflix apps through my LG 4K TV at 2160p 4K, the picture is awesome with no technical issues. 

The Comcast tech suggested 4k cables.  What I've read leads be to believe that the cable isn't the issue.

Thoughts?

There is a known problem with the Netflix version of the app used with Comcast equipment. Both companies are working on the issue. As long as your using HDMI cables certified for 4K use, they are not the cause of the problem. I would just continue using your TV's apps to watch Netfix for now.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Picture Jitters with new 4k TV and 4k X1 Box unless video output resolution is reduced to 1080p

Good news! I bought some 4k cables at Costco and hooked it up and it eliminated the issue. I can watch Netflix and prime in 4K through the Xfinity box. Yay
Silver Problem Solver

@RobEDee1 wrote:
Good news! I bought some 4k cables at Costco and hooked it up and it eliminated the issue. I can watch Netflix and prime in 4K through the Xfinity box. Yay

Can you mark this thread as solved?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!