Community Forum

Pause or rewind live TV

New Poster

Pause or rewind live TV

I recently got the X1 box sith DVD.  I did not know that one could pause or rewind live TV.  How is that possible? Does Comcast record everything?  Or does the box only record something I started to watch from the beginning? If I tune in late to something, can I watch from beginning to end?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Pause or rewind live TV

@Timparker wrote:

I recently got the X1 box sith DVD.  I did not know that one could pause or rewind live TV.  How is that possible? Does Comcast record everything?  Or does the box only record something I started to watch from the beginning? If I tune in late to something, can I watch from beginning to end?

I cannot start watching a live broadcast and go back to the beginning; I have to record the program and it only picks up when I start the recording.

Thjere are some premium channels that will let you start from the beginning by transferring you to the On Demand copy.  On Demand can be watched at any time.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@Timparker wrote:

the pausing of live TV is a feature of X1 set top boxes. they have hard drive to record (up to an hour) for the DVR or for some time for non-DVR X1 equipment using an installed by Comcast memory card. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks