Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Parental Control times and Time Change

Valued Contributor

Parental Control times and Time Change

I had a parental control set up so that my kid's wouldn't be able to watch TV before 7:00 AM each morning.  After the daylight saving's time change this past weekend, the parental control time changed to 8:00AM.  Really Comcast?  Your programminmg is so bad that a parental control setting won't change automatically when there is a time change?  Let's see, my computer, tablet, cellphone, TV, several Atomic clocks and my 2 cars all changed the time automatically, on their own.  But I have to go in and reset a parental control setting?

Expert

Re: Parental Control times and Time Change

@jwmccnn wrote:

I had a parental control set up so that my kid's wouldn't be able to watch TV before 7:00 AM each morning.  After the daylight saving's time change this past weekend, the parental control time changed to 8:00AM.  Really Comcast?  Your programminmg is so bad that a parental control setting won't change automatically when there is a time change?  Let's see, my computer, tablet, cellphone, TV, several Atomic clocks and my 2 cars all changed the time automatically, on their own.  But I have to go in and reset a parental control setting?

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Valued Contributor

I fixed the problem by deleting the old parental control times and re-setting a new time.  My original point was that we shouldn't have to do that after a time change, it sure seems like the time change is what started the problem and one would think that all timers and parental control times would change automatically with the time change, but thanks for having someone higher up take a look at it.

Official Employee

Hello jwmccnn-- As I agree with you on this issue, unfortunately the software in boxes just don't have that option yet.