Community Forum

Pandora is turning off my TV

New Poster

Pandora is turning off my TV

So I open the Pandora app through Xfinity and after a song or two it turns off my TV. It locks up my box. I have to turn the power off and on the box to get it to work again.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Pandora is turning off my TV

Toejam71 wrote:

So I open the Pandora app through Xfinity and after a song or two it turns off my TV. It locks up my box. I have to turn the power off and on the box to get it to work again.

Look in your TV's settings for anything related to AnyNet, Vnet, Vlink, HDMI-CEC, etc...  the TV may be turning off because it is no longer sensing an HDMI video feed...  look there first as this is the first time I have ever heard of the Pandora App shutting a TV off after 2 songs in the 2+ years I have had the X1 platform...

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

New Poster

I misspoke. The TV is not turning off. My TV screen is going black and seems to freeze. I have to turn off the DVR box and back on to get it to reset.  

Gold Problem Solver

Toejam71 wrote:

I misspoke. The TV is not turning off. My TV screen is going black and seems to freeze. I have to turn off the DVR box and back on to get it to reset.  

Go into X1 settings and increase the Screen Saver time period....

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

New Poster

That's not it. It's set at the longest setting of 5 hours.
Gold Problem Solver

Toejam71 wrote:
That's not it. It's set at the longest setting of 5 hours.

At this point, call the X1 helpline @ 877-896-8678 or 888-739-1379 and speak with a CSR to escalate your issue up the ladder.

New Poster

You are not alone.

I use pandora on the x1 a couple times a week.

I noticed this exact same behavior over this last week.

I came onto these forums specifically to see it this issue was being discussed.

Today, I also noticed that my X1 got some new software installed on Feb 3rd.

Coincidence?

Did you contact support? What was the outcome?

Thanks

New Poster

I never called support. It seems to working again without incident now. Not sure what changed. I will post here if it happens again but it worked good throughout the weekend.  

New Poster

While using Pandora on my tv, the screen goes blank after just a few songs, then I have no access to anything! I turn off my box, wait a minute and turn back on, then it works. I won't be utilizing Pandora on xfinity if this is what I have to do each time. Smiley Sad

Expert

@LeeB51 wrote:

While using Pandora on my tv, the screen goes blank after just a few songs, then I have no access to anything! I turn off my box, wait a minute and turn back on, then it works. I won't be utilizing Pandora on xfinity if this is what I have to do each time. Smiley Sad

try rebooting the set top box (remove power from 30 seconds or more).

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Hi LeeB51, 

Sorry for the experience you're having with Pandora. Were you able to follow the advice provided by the experts above? Are you still having the same issue?