Community Forum

Pandora App and Screen Saver issue

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Pandora App and Screen Saver issue

When listening to Pandora via Xfinity Apps, when my Xfinty Settings screen display timer expires and switches, my Pandora audio stops/pauses until I press a key on my Xfinity remote,  reverting the screen display to the Pandora screen.  This started the last week or so.  I think I saw a post recently of someone else reporting something related to this.  https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Pandora-Update/td-p/3018735/page/2  last comment, Feb 2019.

Anyone else or any updates?

I know I can always set the screen display timer to 5 hrs and within that time period I'll probably like/dislike at least one song that doesn't fit my Station and reset the timer, but we still need to report the bug to the app developers.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
New Poster

Re: Pandora App and Screen Saver issue

Any update? Mine has been doing the same thing
Problem Solver

I have not seen/heard of any update or change in app behavior.  It might take a few days or more for an agent to see this thread and maybe respond.

Joe V
New Poster

mine only recently started doing this, used to play for hours, now, 10mins if I don't use the remote for something

New Poster

I’m having the same issue. Just started recently as well.
Official Employee

Greetings all! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I certainly apologize to hear everyone is having this issue with the Pandora app. I know I get frustrated when my music is interrupted. This has been reported as a known issue and we are currently working to get it resolved. At this time we do not have ETA on when this will be resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this may cause and we appreciate your patience. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello all, I'm following up to let you know this Pandora screen saver issue is still being reported for some, but I wanted to know if you are still experiencing this on your end as well?  

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Problem Solver

@ComcastAmira   Are you saying there has been an update that may have changed the behavior seen?

Joe V
Official Employee

@jav6joev, this is still reporting as a known issue, but the number of accounts linked to the issue has decreased from when it was first reported. It does appear we are still working to get it fully resolved but for some, this issue has been fixed. So I was just checking in to see if anyone who reached out on this thread, was still experiencing the problem on their end. 

Problem Solver

Well, for me, something has changed.  I had my set my display timeout to 5 hours to bypass the issue.  I changed it back to 5 mins to see what would happen and now the screen does NOT time out, effectively clearing the issue.  I will set the timer to the next setting, 15 minutes to see if the same occurs and make an update here.

Update:  After setting the timeout to 15 minutes, the same thing happens: the screen DOES NOT timeout.  My Pandora screen still shows and the audio is fine.  It appears the timeout has been disabled.  @ComcastAmira  is this what was done to resolve the issue?  Can this timeout be disabled on an account basis by Comcast?

Joe V
Official Employee

@jav6joev, thanks for the update I appreciate it! Yes, at your convenience please let us know the results of when you set it to 15 mins. That would be great! 

Official Employee

@jav6joev, unfortunately since the issue is still present & reporting for some, the solution has not been provided yet. I do apologize for that but I am happy to hear after testing it again on your end that the issue has been resolved. Please let me know if I can be of any other assistance. Thank you!