Community Forum

Panasonic Viera TV and XR2 v-3r remote

New Poster

Panasonic Viera TV and XR2 v-3r remote

I have a Panasonic Viera TV and just had the X1 operating system installed today. I tried all of the codes in the manual and on-line and none of them will pair with TV so I can control volume and input and on/off...any advice?? Or maybe more codes to try? Please don't say its not compatable, my old Comcast remote worked and the TV is only a year and a half old.

Thanks.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Panasonic Viera TV and XR2 v-3r remote

10250 works with both my eight year old and two year old Panasonic TVs...

Are you sure you are doin it right???

EJOABRE wrote:

I have a Panasonic Viera TV and just had the X1 operating system installed today. I tried all of the codes in the manual and on-line and none of them will pair with TV so I can control volume and input and on/off...any advice?? Or maybe more codes to try? Please don't say its not compatable, my old Comcast remote worked and the TV is only a year and a half old.

Thanks.

New Poster

yes, I am sure...my remote also looks a bit different than the one on the website for the XR2. it has a TV Input button at the top right...that code didnt work either. thanks anyway...

Gold Problem Solver

Put fresh batteries in the remote. If that doesn't help, then go into a Comcast store and have them replace it for you.

10250 works with the XR2, XR5 and XR11 remotes that I have...

EJOABRE wrote:

yes, I am sure...my remote also looks a bit different than the one on the website for the XR2. it has a TV Input button at the top right...that code didnt work either. thanks anyway...

Expert

EJOABRE wrote:

Thanks.

first, remember when you 'find' out what the code is to write it down, take a picture of it with a smart phone, etc.

on your old comcast remote press your TV button at the top. then press and hold setup until the TV button blinks twice. then press the numbers 990. The TV LED will blink two times again. press 1 and watch for blinks (no blink = 0, 1 blink = 1, 2 blinks = 2). then press 2 and observe the digits for each of the 5 digits. you must write each digit down. Repeat the process to be sure you got the code right. Then go to your new remote and input that same code using directions on the back of the remote.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Silver Problem Solver

EJOABRE wrote:

TV button input on top right?  Can you post a picture of the whole remote?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

I have the same issue, no codes work. I have entered every code. Used the 991 find code and up channeled 100 times. Used Rustyben's method and got 10250, but I have tried and used this before. Changed batteries and did it all again. Thoughts?

Silver Problem Solver

Is your TV Input button on the top right?  I was under the impression the XR5 and XR11 were the only remotes with a TV input button on the bottom right.

Problem Solver

RobertWy wrote:

Is your TV Input button on the top right?  I was under the impression the XR5 and XR11 were the only remotes with a TV input button on the bottom right.

There's a new version of the XR2 that is designed for the legacy boxes that has a TV Input button in the top right. It also has a FAV button (which would be interesting to see how it behaves on X1). I don't know why the installer gave you an XR2 instead of an XR5, but it should work with your TV. I have one that works with a 2009 model Viera just fine.

For those who are interested, you can find photos on this thread: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29899906-X1-X2-XR2v3-remote

Silver Problem Solver

EJOABRE wrote:

Go to your nearest Comcast store and get the remote that comes with the X1 system.

Gold Problem Solver

I am not sure I understand this thread. 10250 code has worked for EVERY PANASONIC TV I have ever tried it with.

Basic Sony IR codes haven't changed for DECADES. Basic Samsung codes haven't changed over the past decade. To the very best of my knowledge basic Panasonic codes haven't changed over the past decade.

I have a two year and and eight year old Panasonic TV. 10250 has ALWAYS worked.

If someone has a Panasonic TV that is not working with code 10250 then you need to post the EXACT model number of your TV in this thread. I would be happy to test it...

New Poster

It is on the top right...model number XR2 v3-R

Gold Problem Solver

Model number of your TV...........

EJOABRE wrote:

It is on the top right...model number XR2 v3-R

New Poster

The model number for my TV is TC-L47E50 Panasonic Viera. I have never had issues connecting to a TV like this before with a Comcast remote. I am surprised the tech who installed the system did't connect the remote to the TV as I have ususally had them do. I wonder if it is the remote that is the issue? thanks.

Gold Problem Solver

Yes I suspect the problem is that particular remote or that version of the remote. Comcast stores give away XR5 remotes now. I think the XR5 is a quite a bit better remote than the XR2. I think you go into a Comcast stores and ask for an XR5. They gave me three of them at no charge.

EJOABRE wrote:

The model number for my TV is TC-L47E50 Panasonic Viera. I have never had issues connecting to a TV like this before with a Comcast remote. I am surprised the tech who installed the system did't connect the remote to the TV as I have ususally had them do. I wonder if it is the remote that is the issue? thanks.

Problem Solver

You should also be able to get one free voice remote from there as well.
Gold Problem Solver

Good point sc. Last Saturday morning I was at a friends house that just got X1. They set her up with a V3 Pace and they gave her an XR11 as part of the standard install. HOWEVER the tech left without RF pairing the XR11 so of course voice control did not work. Also the tech left the X1 box on 720P (my friend has a brand new, near top of the line 60" inch Samsung) and he also left the box in stereo even though she has a six surround system with a Yamaha AV receiver... Argh!!!

scjohnson312 wrote:
You should also be able to get one free voice remote from there as well.

New Poster

Just got my Viera to snyc up using 10650 code.  Good luck. 

New Poster

Panasonic tc-p42c2
Serial: LA01330833

My XR11 remote just stopped controlling the volume and power. I exchanged remotes after trying all the codes listed in the setup, online on the website, and in the brochure. My tv doesn't recognize anything starting with 102. Also, it accepts many codes but none will control the volume and power.
Gold Problem Solver

The info I posted earlier in this thread isn't entirely accurate anymore because the XR11 version 3 uses different codes. When programming the XR11 version 3, different codes are needed than the other X1 remotes. I have found the "most likely" code 11480 works just fine with my Panasonic TVs.

Most likely code

Others to try
10650, 10051, 10250, 11941, 11927, 12273, 11947, 11924, 11310, 10226, 10375, 11410, 11271, 12269, 11919, 11347, 11290, 10178, 10165, 10162, 10156, 10154, 10150, 12268, 10145, 12251, 10093, 10060, 10054, 10053, 10047, 12293, 10032

These codes can be found here: https://customer.xfinity.com/remotes/

Ashleynh89 wrote:
Panasonic tc-p42c2
Serial: LA01330833

My XR11 remote just stopped controlling the volume and power. I exchanged remotes after trying all the codes listed in the setup, online on the website, and in the brochure. My tv doesn't recognize anything starting with 102. Also, it accepts many codes but none will control the volume and power.

New Poster

My model Panasonic is pv-dm2791
Gold Problem Solver

That is not a Panasonic TV model number. It looks more like a VCR model number.

The X1 remotes do not control VCR's.