Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Pairing xr11 remote to set-top-box

New Poster

Pairing xr11 remote to set-top-box

Just installed new xfinity x1 boxes. The main box works great, however the remotes for the satellite boxes will not interact. The tv screen is on language and when I try to use the setup to get the screen for entering the three numbers the tv screen does not change. Online help was of no help at all. This is happening for two boxes.

Expert

Re: Pairing xr11 remote to set-top-box

@Pwheeler2483 wrote:

Just installed new xfinity x1 boxes. The main box works great, however the remotes for the satellite boxes will not interact. The tv screen is on language and when I try to use the setup to get the screen for entering the three numbers the tv screen does not change. Online help was of no help at all. This is happening for two boxes.

if you have the xr11 remotes press and hold down the set up button until LED changes color then type in 9-8-7 (no dashes). now you can continue the setup

New Poster

Re: Pairing xr11 remote to set-top-box

I turned on the direct aim option by holding the setup till green then pressing A. Then the remote started working. Not sure why the support person did not have me do this. I think they were following a script. Thanks