Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Pairing Vizio TV and Sony Sound Bar with X1 Voice Remote

New Poster

Pairing Vizio TV and Sony Sound Bar with X1 Voice Remote

I am trying to pair my Xfinity remote with a Vizio TV and a Sony HTC150 sound bar and subwoofer.  I used an HDMI out from the cable box to the subwoofer and an HDMI ARC cable from the subwoofer directly to the TV.  When I try to pair the TV, it thinks it is looking for a Sony TV not a Vizio TV (I think because the ARC cable is directly from the Sony subwoofer to the TV).  Should I be looking for Vizio codes instead of the Sony codes that I think it's giving me?  

Expert

Re: Pairing Vizio TV and Sony Sound Bar with X1 Voice Remote

JBNebel wrote:

I am trying to pair my Xfinity remote with a Vizio TV and a Sony HTC150 sound bar and subwoofer.  I used an HDMI out from the cable box to the subwoofer and an HDMI ARC cable from the subwoofer directly to the TV.  When I try to pair the TV, it thinks it is looking for a Sony TV not a Vizio TV (I think because the ARC cable is directly from the Sony subwoofer to the TV).  Should I be looking for Vizio codes instead of the Sony codes that I think it's giving me?  

you might try connecting the X1 set top box directly to the TV and running setup on the remote (first).

Official Employee

Re: Pairing Vizio TV and Sony Sound Bar with X1 Voice Remote

JBNebel wrote:

Yes, look for Vizio codes.