Community Forum

Pace Xi5 Box No 5.1 surround sound

New Poster

Pace Xi5 Box No 5.1 surround sound

I have a Pace Xi5 wireless box with an HDMI cable going to my TV and an optical cable going from my TV to my surround sound reciever.  In the device settings, it is set to auto detect and shows dolby digitial 5.1, but my reciever is only getting dolby digital 2.0.  I have checked different channels as well as On Demand videos and it is the same.  Very infrequently, my reciever will get the 5.1, but it is rare.  It is always the 2.0.  Is this the same "firmware" issue that I see in other threads that go back years or is there another issue?  My TV does pass through dolby digital 5.1 and the output is set to bitstream.  

Expert

Re: Pace Xi5 Box No 5.1 surround sound

@msarda88 wrote:

I have a Pace Xi5 wireless box with an HDMI cable going to my TV and an optical cable going from my TV to my surround sound reciever.  In the device settings, it is set to auto detect and shows dolby digitial 5.1, but my reciever is only getting dolby digital 2.0.  I have checked different channels as well as On Demand videos and it is the same.  Very infrequently, my reciever will get the 5.1, but it is rare.  It is always the 2.0.  Is this the same "firmware" issue that I see in other threads that go back years or is there another issue?  My TV does pass through dolby digital 5.1 and the output is set to bitstream.  

why are you using a limited capability deprecated optical cable instead of using the ARC function to teturn the fully capable digital signal from TV to the receiver?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

My TV is about 5 years old with no ARC HDMI ports, and my audio reciever is even older with no HDMI ports at all.  I get 5.1 dolby digital when I watch netflix on the xfinity box, so it's definitely related to comcast's boradcasts.

Expert

@msarda88 wrote:

My TV is about 5 years old with no ARC HDMI ports, and my audio reciever is even older with no HDMI ports at all.  I get 5.1 dolby digital when I watch netflix on the xfinity box, so it's definitely related to comcast's boradcasts.

did you try setting your set top box audio to expert mode?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!