Community Forum

Pace XG1v1 so loud, better model?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Pace XG1v1 so loud, better model?

Hello,

I have the Pace XG1v1 Anyroom DVR with cloud storage.  It has to sit about 3 feet from where I work due to setup/access and the fan runs continuously and quite loud.  I hear it every day and it can grate on my nerves after a while or when I need to focus.  I exchanged it out once already and I've had it now for a few months.  Sadly it is no better.

I need to go to the Comcast store today for something else and thought I might take it in to switch out.  But I am doubtful that a new one of the same model will be any better.  Are there newer or better models?  I see the XG4 but I don't have a 4 TV so it may not be appropriate.

I thought I'd ask here so I know what to get or not get, in case they offer me an older model.

Your thoughts?  And thank you in advance,

Michelle

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Pace XG1v1 so loud, better model?

That was the very first model and known for the loud fan, please trade it in. You don’t need a 4K tv to get the newest model. But if you do swap it, only the last 60 hours of recordings will be available to view through the replacement

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Expert

Re: Pace XG1v1 so loud, better model?

@dogmadre wrote:

Hello,

I have the Pace XG1v1 Anyroom DVR with cloud storage.  It has to sit about 3 feet from where I work due to setup/access and the fan runs continuously and quite loud.  I hear it every day and it can grate on my nerves after a while or when I need to focus.  I exchanged it out once already and I've had it now for a few months.  Sadly it is no better.

I need to go to the Comcast store today for something else and thought I might take it in to switch out.  But I am doubtful that a new one of the same model will be any better.  Are there newer or better models?  I see the XG4 but I don't have a 4 TV so it may not be appropriate.

I thought I'd ask here so I know what to get or not get, in case they offer me an older model.

Your thoughts?  And thank you in advance,

Michelle

get the xg1v4 (the 4k capable) box and you will be ready for any upgrades in home equipment. (so far the DVR versions have been v1,2,3, and now 4. you will get a 6th tuner too. do you have other set top boxes? if so is at least one an Xg2 companion? 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!